Strange Webrick Error

Christian Kerth

6/5/2008 7:46:00 PM

On some Systems i get a strange Error when accessing a webrick server:

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
computer

This happens on a Windows XP Sp2 System and a Vista System, but on a
second XP SP2 system, i don't get this error.

Any Ideas?

Thx

Eric Hodel

On Jun 5, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Christian Kerth wrote:
> On some Systems i get a strange Error when accessing a webrick server:
>
> An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
> computer
>
> This happens on a Windows XP Sp2 System and a Vista System, but on a
> second XP SP2 system, i don't get this error.
>
> Any Ideas?

I've seen this error when attaching to an Apache web server via
Net::HTTP. I think that WinXP will terminate the connection from the
local end (without your permission) when some internal timeout is hit.

Christian Kerth

Eric Hodel wrote:
> I've seen this error when attaching to an Apache web server via
> Net::HTTP. I think that WinXP will terminate the connection from the
> local end (without your permission) when some internal timeout is hit.

i have a background thread in my application (that one that runs the
webrick server) that connects via Net:HTTP to a Tomcat Server on the web
for data retrieval.
Any suggestions to get rid of this error?

thx

Eric Hodel

On Jun 5, 2008, at 13:35 PM, Christian Kerth wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>> I've seen this error when attaching to an Apache web server via
>> Net::HTTP. I think that WinXP will terminate the connection from the
>> local end (without your permission) when some internal timeout is
>> hit.
>
> i have a background thread in my application (that one that runs the
> webrick server) that connects via Net:HTTP to a Tomcat Server on the
> web
> for data retrieval.
> Any suggestions to get rid of this error?

The only one I could think of was to rescue and retry.