Why use RoR instead Aspx

Pablo Q.

6/5/2008 3:24:00 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know any article where it's been compared RoR vrs aspx,
php, and others web frameworks? I'm trying to argue at work why is
best to use RoR instead .aspx.

Thanks in advance.

--=20
Pablo Quir=F3s

4 Answers

Oscar Del Ben

What about theese videos

http://www.railsenvy.com/tags/C...

Jason Roelofs

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Pablo Q. <paqs140482@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know any article where it's been compared RoR vrs aspx,
> php, and others web frameworks? I'm trying to argue at work why is
> best to use RoR instead .aspx.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Pablo Quir=F3s

Ruby on Rails - Framework
ASP - Subset of .NET language runtime for Web
PHP - Language built mainly for web development

You need to specify things that actually can be compared.

Besides that problem, there is no way one can give a "best" reason to
use Rails over anything else. For me, I'm exponentially more
productive and I love working with Ruby.

You're especially never going to prove "better" and "best" with text
on a page. You need to try it out yourself and let the results dictate
which you think is "best".

Jason

Pablo Q.

Okay. I mean, I love programming in ruby so I would like some help in order
to make my work more comfortable. Yes, I made a mistake saying that aspx,
php, are frameworks but my point is not that. I would like to find
benchmarks, deadlines comparatives and things like that. I know that is mor=
productive programming in Ruby by experience but I need a formal document
that says the same think by examples in real life. Sorry Jason, I only have
experience programming in frameworks in Java and Ruby, I don't have any ide=
how aspx, php works. So actually I'm only experienced with the use of
Frameworks. Any other comments? For example, articles that talk about
performance comparatives, productivity, scalability and thinks like that.

2008/6/5 Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Pablo Q. <paqs140482@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know any article where it's been compared RoR vrs aspx,
> > php, and others web frameworks? I'm trying to argue at work why is
> > best to use RoR instead .aspx.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Pablo Quir=F3s
> >

> Ruby on Rails - Framework
> ASP - Subset of .NET language runtime for Web
> PHP - Language built mainly for web development
>
> You need to specify things that actually can be compared.
>
> Besides that problem, there is no way one can give a "best" reason to
> use Rails over anything else. For me, I'm exponentially more
> productive and I love working with Ruby.
>
> You're especially never going to prove "better" and "best" with text
> on a page. You need to try it out yourself and let the results dictate
> which you think is "best".
>
> Jason

--=20
Ing. Pablo Andr=E9s Quir=F3s Sol=EDs