fund raiser for rubyforge cert

Roger Pack

6/4/2008 12:47:00 AM

Do we need to run a fund raise for rubyforge.org to buy an SSL
certificate? I don't think they're too expensive. It annoys to be
prompted by it every time [in my case], or direly warned, in the case of
Firefox 3.
Thoughts?
-R

Tom Copeland

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 09:47 +0900, Roger Pack wrote:
> Do we need to run a fund raise for rubyforge.org to buy an SSL
> certificate? I don't think they're too expensive. It annoys to be
> prompted by it every time [in my case], or direly warned, in the case of
> Firefox 3.
> Thoughts?

Nah, Ruby Central has the money, I just need to get with David and get
this done. We've started the process and stopped it a couple times...
just need to prioritize it...

Yours,

Tom

Roger Pack

> Nah, Ruby Central has the money, I just need to get with David and get
> this done. We've started the process and stopped it a couple times...
> just need to prioritize it...

Let me know if I can help.
-R

William Longyard

Let's hope the jokes on you this November. : )

Bill L.

"Denise" <LuvTheBoss@aol.com> wrote in message
On Aug 10, 10:49?pm, "William Longyard" <longy...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> Lorne Michael contributed to McCain? ?Very interesting.

Why? Sounds predictable to me... he's in the funny business, and what
better jokes than if McCain wins?

Denise

On Aug 11, 12:35?am, "William Longyard" <longy...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> Let's hope the jokes on you this November. : )

I was totally serious, Bill. They say people vote their pocketbooks,
no? It would seem to me that his interest would be making money with
McCain jokes- you gotta admit McCain makes much better material than
Obama. He's a walking boob. they don't call him Bush 2 for nothing.

William Longyard

I am no fan of McCain, though I will be voting for him. I would rather
shoot myself in the foot than in the head.

BL

On Aug 11, 1:13?am, "William Longyard" <longy...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> I am no fan of McCain, though I will be voting for him. ?I would rather shoot myself in the foot than in the head.

Interesting. We will cancel each other out, as I am no fan of Obama
but will vote for him. However, my list of bums I've supported is
shorter than yours ;-)

Tell me, had the Democrat nominee been anyone else, would you have
reconsidered?

Dan

William Longyard wrote:
> I am no fan of McCain, though I will be voting for him. I would rather
> shoot myself in the foot than in the head.

Isn't that also how you got out of serving in the Iraq War?

--
Dan

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
the instruments of tyranny at home."

-James Madison

William Longyard

No. I vote the party, not the (wo)man. This contravenes one of the old
saws of voting, but I do that because I understand that in Washington it is
the party with the most representatives who control the committees, and MOST
government is conducted in committee.

I was very disappointed with the Republican majority 2001-2006, but again, I
preferred their actions to the current crop of leftists in power.

Denise wrote:
> On Aug 11, 1:13???am, "William Longyard" <longy...@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>> I am no fan of McCain, though I will be voting for him. ???I would rather shoot myself in the foot than in the head.
>>

> Interesting. We will cancel each other out, as I am no fan of Obama
> but will vote for him. However, my list of bums I've supported is
> shorter than yours ;-)
>
> Tell me, had the Democrat nominee been anyone else, would you have
> reconsidered?

You needed an answer to that?

WHICH Democratic Presidential candidate would Bill vote for? (except his
little corrupt pink-room sheriff hero)

--
Dan

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
the instruments of tyranny at home."

-James Madison

David

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:32:21 -0400, "William Longyard"
<longyard@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>I was very disappointed with the Republican majority 2001-2006, but again, I
>preferred their actions to the current crop of leftists in power.
>
>Bill L.

I'm sure we'll hear that rationalization a lot: "You're right, the
Republicans suck. Since I said that I'm blameless, and trust me, the
Democrats would have been worse."
--
Reply to david at habermehl dot com