Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError

Emmie Wawa

6/3/2008 8:04:00 AM

I would like to install mysql in ruby as i need to use mysql in rails
application..so this is the code in type in the command prompt in ruby
directory

gem install mysql

but i got these
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)

How do i solve this problem. Really need help. Thanks

Wawa

Roger Pack

looks like a dns problem. Make sure dns is working. Maybe use opendns
:)
-R

Emmie Wawa wrote:
> I would like to install mysql in ruby as i need to use mysql in rails
> application..so this is the code in type in the command prompt in ruby
> directory
>
> gem install mysql
>
> but i got these
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
> getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)
>
> How do i solve this problem. Really need help. Thanks
>
> Wawa

Eric Hodel

On Jun 3, 2008, at 17:43 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
> Emmie Wawa wrote:
>> I would like to install mysql in ruby as i need to use mysql in rails
>> application..so this is the code in type in the command prompt in
>> ruby
>> directory
>>
>> gem install mysql
>>
>> but i got these
>> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
>> getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)
>>
>> How do i solve this problem. Really need help. Thanks
>>

> looks like a dns problem. Make sure dns is working. Maybe use
> opendns
> :)

Also, check to see that all the URLs listed in `gem sources -l` resolve.

Evolution

DAFG3030@aol.com wrote:
> On Aug 10, 7:31 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
>> DAFG3...@aol.com wrote:
>>> Laurie,
>>> I wound up with tix for the Vedder show on Thursday night in
>>> Chicago...are you going?
>>> Debbie
>> Yes, going to both shows... we're going downtown early to beat the
>> traffic, and eat before the show... love to meet you! Email me by
>> substituting "lauriehester" for "myname" in my return addie, and I'll
>> give you my phone number.
>>
>> Read a great review (if you're not an eddie fan, skip to the last 5
>> paragraphs):
>>

> Gee thanks...I read it all. I was perfectly happy with having tickets
> to Thursday night's show (since that was all I could get my hands on)
> and NOW I wish I had tix for Friday too!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, Friday is tough... but you could always check for releases... I
haven't been around to find out when they are doing them this tour, but
on the west coast solo tour, they were releasing them 2 days or the day
before.

> Well, I shouldn't complain. Thursday night is Vedder....teach school
> on Friday...drive to St. Louis on Saturday to see Bruce. Not a bad
> weekend for this crabby old lady I suppose!!

Wow, sounds like a great weekend!

Laurie

> Debbie

pjmcder

On Aug 10, 10:23 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
> DAFG3...@aol.com wrote:
> >> Yes, going to both shows... we're going downtown early to beat the
> >> traffic, and eat before the show... love to meet you! Email me by
> >> substituting "lauriehester" for "myname" in my return addie, and I'll
> >> give you my phone number.
>
> >> Read a great review (if you're not an eddie fan, skip to the last 5
> >> paragraphs):
>
> > Gee thanks...I read it all. I was perfectly happy with having tickets
> > to Thursday night's show (since that was all I could get my hands on)
> > and NOW I wish I had tix for Friday too!!!!!!!!
>
> Hmmm, Friday is tough... but you could always check for releases... I
> haven't been around to find out when they are doing them this tour, but
> on the west coast solo tour, they were releasing them 2 days or the day
> before.
>

> > Well, I shouldn't complain. Thursday night isVedder....teach school
> > on Friday...drive to St. Louis on Saturday to see Bruce. Not a bad
> > weekend for this crabby old lady I suppose!!
>
> Wow, sounds like a great weekend!
>
> Laurie
>

> > Debbie

Caught Eddie in DC last night and have to say it was one of the best
shows I have ever seen. Cringe......much better than Bruce solo
shows....uncringe. As somebody said, it was beyond great. Played
over 2 1/2 hour set with a perfect blend of acoustic and electric
guitar. The pacing was perfect and I felt I could have listened to
another couple of hours. I consider myself a casual PJ fan and I have
attended a few of their shows, but this was much better. Highlights
included the ITW material. Also, he told the story of receiving a
letter at a concert from a family that loved his music, which lead him
to meet with them. The father is a Marine with four kids, all
musicians, and they gave him a CD with a song on it they had written
and recorded. I believe it is called "What are we going to do
today." So during the first encore, he plays the song over the PA
and it is a great little song, with the kids all singing.........as it
turns out, the family is from the DC area, and they were all at the
show, and of course he invites them on stage to take a
bow.........another great highlight for the summer concert series.
Anyway, if you get a chance to see Eddie solo, I strongly, strongly
recommend it.....

Debbie

On Aug 17, 3:22 pm, pjmcder <sca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 10:23 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
>

> > DAFG3...@aol.com wrote:

> > > Gee thanks...I read it all. I was perfectly happy with having tickets
> > > to Thursday night's show (since that was all I could get my hands on)
> > > and NOW I wish I had tix for Friday too!!!!!!!!
>
> > Hmmm, Friday is tough... but you could always check for releases... I
> > haven't been around to find out when they are doing them this tour, but
> > on the west coast solo tour, they were releasing them 2 days or the day
> > before.
>
> > > Well, I shouldn't complain. Thursday night isVedder....teach school
> > > on Friday...drive to St. Louis on Saturday to see Bruce. Not a bad
> > > weekend for this crabby old lady I suppose!!
>
> > Wow, sounds like a great weekend!
>
> > Laurie
>
> > > Debbie
>
> Caught Eddie in DC last night and have to say it was one of the best
> shows I have ever seen. Cringe......much better than Bruce solo
> shows....uncringe. As somebody said, it was beyond great. Played
> over 2 1/2 hour set with a perfect blend of acoustic and electric
> guitar. The pacing was perfect and I felt I could have listened to
> another couple of hours. I consider myself a casual PJ fan and I have
> attended a few of their shows, but this was much better. Highlights
> included the ITW material. Also, he told the story of receiving a
> letter at a concert from a family that loved his music, which lead him
> to meet with them. The father is a Marine with four kids, all
> musicians, and they gave him a CD with a song on it they had written
> and recorded. I believe it is called "What are we going to do
> today." So during the first encore, he plays the song over the PA
> and it is a great little song, with the kids all singing.........as it
> turns out, the family is from the DC area, and they were all at the
> show, and of course he invites them on stage to take a
> bow.........another great highlight for the summer concert series.
> Anyway, if you get a chance to see Eddie solo, I strongly, strongly
> recommend it.....

Thanks for the review...I am so psyched about Thursday night!

Evolution

pjmcder wrote:
> On Aug 10, 10:23 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
>> DAFG3...@aol.com wrote:
>>> Gee thanks...I read it all. I was perfectly happy with having tickets
>>> to Thursday night's show (since that was all I could get my hands on)
>>> and NOW I wish I had tix for Friday too!!!!!!!!
>> Hmmm, Friday is tough... but you could always check for releases... I
>> haven't been around to find out when they are doing them this tour, but
>> on the west coast solo tour, they were releasing them 2 days or the day
>> before.
>>

>>> Well, I shouldn't complain. Thursday night isVedder....teach school
>>> on Friday...drive to St. Louis on Saturday to see Bruce. Not a bad
>>> weekend for this crabby old lady I suppose!!
>> Wow, sounds like a great weekend!
>>
>> Laurie
>>

>>> Debbie
>
> Caught Eddie in DC last night and have to say it was one of the best
> shows I have ever seen. Cringe......much better than Bruce solo
> shows....uncringe. As somebody said, it was beyond great. Played
> over 2 1/2 hour set with a perfect blend of acoustic and electric
> guitar. The pacing was perfect and I felt I could have listened to
> another couple of hours. I consider myself a casual PJ fan and I have
> attended a few of their shows, but this was much better. Highlights
> included the ITW material. Also, he told the story of receiving a
> letter at a concert from a family that loved his music, which lead him
> to meet with them. The father is a Marine with four kids, all
> musicians, and they gave him a CD with a song on it they had written
> and recorded. I believe it is called "What are we going to do
> today." So during the first encore, he plays the song over the PA
> and it is a great little song, with the kids all singing.........as it
> turns out, the family is from the DC area, and they were all at the
> show, and of course he invites them on stage to take a
> bow.........another great highlight for the summer concert series.
> Anyway, if you get a chance to see Eddie solo, I strongly, strongly
> recommend it.....

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed it... I can't wait until Thursday!

Laurie