Re: [ANN] webby 0.9.0 (TODO

Marcelo

6/2/2008 4:26:00 PM

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM, <tim.pease@gmail.com> wrote:

> * 2 major enhancements
> - Added blogging support

Does anyone know of a good Ruby CGI script that could be used to accept
comments for an otherwise essentially static website like one built
with webby?

Marcelo

4 Answers

James Britt

Marcelo wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM, <tim.pease@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * 2 major enhancements
>> - Added blogging support
>
> Does anyone know of a good Ruby CGI script that could be used to accept
> comments for an otherwise essentially static website like one built
> with webby?

Not CGI, but Disqus

http://d...
may help.

(I've not used it, only read about it.)

--
James Britt

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

Matt Todd

I have used it and recommend it. It stores comments based on the URL,
so you can drastically change your site and keep the same URL and the
comments will still apply.

BTW, Tim, have you heard anything about an error that HAML complains
of having too many params when evaluating the pages? I'll get a
backtrace here if you need it (it's not immediately available on this
machine).

I'm using HAML 2.0 now. Also, I'll make sure that this new version of
Webby doesn't fix the problem... I'll let you know what I find either
way.

Matt

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcelo wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM, <tim.pease@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> * 2 major enhancements
>>> - Added blogging support
>>
>> Does anyone know of a good Ruby CGI script that could be used to accept
>> comments for an otherwise essentially static website like one built
>> with webby?
>
> Not CGI, but Disqus
>
> http://d...
> may help.
>
> (I've not used it, only read about it.)
>

> --
> James Britt
>
> "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
> intelligent are full of doubt."
> - Bertrand Russell

ara.t.howard

On Jun 2, 2008, at 12:56 PM, James Britt wrote:

> Not CGI, but Disqus
>
> http://d...
> may help.
>
> (I've not used it, only read about it.)

i've used it - it's excellent.

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Tim Pease

On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Matt Todd wrote:

> I have used it and recommend it. It stores comments based on the URL,
> so you can drastically change your site and keep the same URL and the
> comments will still apply.
>
> BTW, Tim, have you heard anything about an error that HAML complains
> of having too many params when evaluating the pages? I'll get a
> backtrace here if you need it (it's not immediately available on this
> machine).
>
> I'm using HAML 2.0 now. Also, I'll make sure that this new version of
> Webby doesn't fix the problem... I'll let you know what I find either
> way.

Shoot me an e-mail off-list with the stack trace. I've not used HAML
too much, so there certainly might be a bug there.

Blessings,
TwP