defining Private/Protected class attributes

Carbon Monoxide

5/30/2008 11:17:00 AM

If I would like to define some private/protected class attributes, I
would have to list all their getters or setters under "private" like the
code below. Is there any way that makes it faster?

class HelloRuby
attr_accessor :a, :b

private #a load of getters and setters
:a
:a=
:b
:b=

public
def initialize

David A. Black

Hi --

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Carbon Monoxide wrote:

> If I would like to define some private/protected class attributes, I
> would have to list all their getters or setters under "private" like the
> code below. Is there any way that makes it faster?
>

> class HelloRuby
> attr_accessor :a, :b
>
> private #a load of getters and setters
> :a
> :a=
> :b
> :b=
>
> public
> def initialize

class C
private
attr_accessor :a, :b
public
def initialize

David

INTRO TO RAILS June 9-12 Berlin
ADVANCING WITH RAILS June 16-19 Berlin
See http://www.r... for details and updates!

Siep Korteling

Carbon Monoxide wrote:
> If I would like to define some private/protected class attributes, I
> would have to list all their getters or setters under "private" like the
> code below. Is there any way that makes it faster?
>

> class HelloRuby
> attr_accessor :a, :b
>
> private #a load of getters and setters
> :a
> :a=
> :b
> :b=
>
> public
> def initialize

class Test
attr_accessor :a, :b

def pub
end

private

def not_pub
end

attr_accessor :d, :e
end

t=Test.new
t.pub
t.e

#=> private method `e' called for #<Test:0x3156460> (NoMethodError)

Carbon Monoxide

Siep Korteling wrote:

> class Test
> attr_accessor :a, :b
>
> def pub
> end
>
> private
>
> def not_pub
> end
>
> attr_accessor :d, :e
> end
>
> t=Test.new
> t.pub
> t.e
>
> #=> private method `e' called for #<Test:0x3156460> (NoMethodError)

Thanks all!