Problem with text_width and UTF-8 characters in PDF-writer

Abir B.

5/29/2008 7:23:00 AM

Hi
I've many problems with the method text_width in PDF-writer. It doesn't
give the true values for text with UTF-8 characters.
(I used iconv to diplay this text.)
Any idea??
thanks

SurviveStyle5

On May 29, 2:23 am, "Abir B." <abbour...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi
> I've many problems with the method text_width in PDF-writer. It doesn't
> give the true values for text with UTF-8 characters.
> (I used iconv to diplay this text.)
> Any idea??
> thanks

In my understanding, PDF::Writer does not fully support UTF-8
characters (despite some older documentation that suggests that it
does). There is a google group that maintains it, Doesn't look like
it's a feature that is going to be added any time soon either. Sorry

-Otto