Mailing List Test

Robert Klemme

is the list processor still alive?

robert

James Gray

On May 28, 2008, at 9:17 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:

> is the list processor still alive?

Seems to be. You sent this message to the mailing list, right? I see
it there:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

It also seems to have made it to Usenet (and the headers show it was
gated):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/00ca9f9a0998b008?dm...

Am I missing something?

James Edward Gray II

forgottenwizard

On 00:03 Thu 29 May , James Gray wrote:
> On May 28, 2008, at 9:17 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:
>
>> is the list processor still alive?
>
> Seems to be. You sent this message to the mailing list, right? I see it
> there:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
>
> It also seems to have made it to Usenet (and the headers show it was
> gated):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/00ca9f9a0998b008?dm...
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> James Edward Gray II

Looks like it works, since I received it here (via mailing list)

Greg Willits

Robert Klemme wrote:

> is the list processor still alive?

I haven't received any messages to my email since May 26 2 PM PST. (48
hours now).

-- gw

Greg Willits

Greg Willits wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>
>> is the list processor still alive?
>

> I haven't received any messages to my email since May 26 2 PM PST. (48
> hours now).

oops. n/m. problem at this end.

Calamitas

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM, James Gray <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Am I missing something?

It has happened several times lately that I receive messages from
comp.lang.ruby with a delay of several hours up to half a day. For
instance, I received Dave's mail regarding "[ADV] New Beta of
PickAxe3" over 11 hours late, well after many of the replies to it.
According to the headers, the mail got stuck at the transition from
carbon.ruby-lang.org to mx.google.com. So it looks like it may be a
Google problem.

Peter