Not able to send request to radiotime webservice

Ganesh Pawar

5/26/2008 9:50:00 AM

Hello All,

am new to RoR,I want to convert one of my PHP application to RoR.
I want to sent request search_ByQuery method of radiotime webservice (
http://wiki.radiotime.com/doku.php?id=dev:doc:webservice:g...
)
can anyone help me for the same?

search_ByQuery

The code for it is
require "soap/wsdlDriver"
wsdl = "http://services.radiotime.com/RadioTime.asmx?...
driver = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl).create_rpc_driver

param = {"request"=>{"Query"=>"sport"}}---This is the line which is
causing the problem currently

lists = driver.search_ByQuery( param )
lists.each { |list| puts list.listName }

In PHP its workin properly.

Phillip Gawlowski

Ganesh Pawar

ignored element: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws...}address
#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x34000f8>:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
One or more request fields failed validation --->
RadioTime.Exception.Validatio
nException: No query fields populated for search (SOAP::FaultError)
at RadioTime.Service.Search.SearchService.Validate(SearchQuery query)
in e:\p
rojects\RadioTime\Library\Service\Search\SearchService.cs:line 185
at RadioTime.Service.Search.SearchService.Search(SearchQuery query,
ListenFil
ter listenFilter, ListenFilter recordFilter) in
e:\projects\RadioTime\Library\Se
rvice\Search\SearchService.cs:line 61
at RadioTime.WebService.RadioTimeWebService.Search(SearchQuery query,
ListenF
ilter filter) in
e:\projects\RadioTime\Web\Services\UI\RadioTime.asmx.cs:line 16
67
at
RadioTime.WebService.RadioTimeWebService.Search_ByQuery(SearchByQueryReque
st request) in
e:\projects\RadioTime\Web\Services\UI\RadioTime.asmx.cs:line 1654

Phillip Gawlowski

Ganesh Pawar

Hello Phillip,
I know the error is in the parameter which am sending and am here to get
soem help from others,so that am able to send the request in proper
format.

Basically the "lists = driver.search_ByQuery(:request, :Query =>
[:sports]) "
this is not exactly what the webserver expect ...

The API detail you can find at
http://wiki.radiotime.com/doku.php?id=dev:doc:webservice:g...

Regards,
Ganesh Pawar