Working with SRV records...

Darryl L. Pierce

5/21/2008 9:35:00 PM

On my current project at work I've been tasked with integrating LDAP into
our user permissions system. A requirement is to determine the LDAP
hostname using SRV records with a configured hostname as a fallback.

Anybody have experience or can point me to an example of retrieving a SRV
record and the hostname for it?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.mul...

Darryl L. Pierce

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> On my current project at work I've been tasked with integrating LDAP into
> our user permissions system. A requirement is to determine the LDAP
> hostname using SRV records with a configured hostname as a fallback.
>
> Anybody have experience or can point me to an example of retrieving a SRV
> record and the hostname for it?

I did finally get the answer to this question:

resolver = Resolv::DNS.new
resolver.getresources("_ldap._tcp.`dnsdomainname`,Resolv::DNS::Resource::IN:ANY).collect
do |resource|
# process the resource