YARV Bytecode Documentation

Christoph Angerer

5/15/2008 3:20:00 PM

Hello *,

does anybody know any (if possible up-to-date)
documentation/specification of the Ruby 1.9 (YARV) bytecodes? The only
docs I could find are:

http://www.atdot.net/yarv/ins... (a simple table of the opcodes)

and

http://www.atdot.net/yarv/yarvar... (not much more than a table)

However, both sites seem to be outdated and are lacking some useful
explanations (e.g., what is the op_flag parameter for a send, and many
more); also the sourcecode of the VM itself seems to be totally
undocumented in that regard.

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance,
Christoph

Chiyuan Zhang

Hi, check out this one:
http://pluskid.lifegoo.com/upload/doc/yarv/yarv...

It is generated from the current Ruby 1.9 source code, I described
it here:
http://pluskid.lifegoo....

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Christoph Angerer
<christoph.angerer@inf.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> does anybody know any (if possible up-to-date)
> documentation/specification of the Ruby 1.9 (YARV) bytecodes? The only
> docs I could find are:
>
> http://www.atdot.net/yarv/ins... (a simple table of the opcodes)
>
> and
>
> http://www.atdot.net/yarv/yarvar... (not much more than a table)
>
> However, both sites seem to be outdated and are lacking some useful
> explanations (e.g., what is the op_flag parameter for a send, and many
> more); also the sourcecode of the VM itself seems to be totally
> undocumented in that regard.
>
> Help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance,
> Christoph

pluskid

Christoph Angerer

thanks, that was exactly what I was searching for:)