[OT] Windows Vista Tablet PC, handwriting and Open Source Software

Axel Etzold

5/14/2008 10:35:00 PM

Dear all,

sorry for asking something off-topic. I know there are
many Windows experts on this list and I couldn't find
any response somewhere else yet.

I have a handheld PC running Windows Vista Ultimate (actually
an OQ02) which has a handwriting recognition tool.
This works very nicely for input of text into, say, Internet Explorer,
or Notepad or any other Microsoft-manufactured software.
But it doesn't for Firefox or OpenOffice or other open source software
I have tried so far.
What is the reason for this ?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,