Re: Switch Two Lines in a File

Suraj Kurapati

5/13/2008 10:08:00 PM

Dana Merrick wrote:
> I'm providing two regexes, and the
> script is to replace a line that matches one regex with a line that
> matches the other.

Here's my solution; thanks for the fun exercise.

$ cat foo
line three
line two
line one
another one
another three

$ ruby -v switch.rb foo
line one
line two
line three
another three
another one

$ cat switch.rb
firstQuery = /one/
secondQuery = /three/

# determine line numbers of matching lines
firstIndices = []
secondIndices = []

lines = ARGF.readlines
lines.each_with_index do |line, i|
case line
when firstQuery
firstIndices << i
when secondQuery
secondIndices << i

# swap all matching lines
firstIndices.zip(secondIndices).each do |(a, b)|
lines[a], lines[b] = lines[b], lines[a]
end

puts lines

CORPO. ALAN MACIEL

DQo=

Terry Cross

On Mar 3, 2:00 pm, moshe <joest...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2:40 pm, Terry Cross <tcros...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In Matthew 5:20, Jesus states:
> > Except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the
> > scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of
> > heaven.
>
> > How are the Pharisees falling short?
>
> > Mose asserts the shortcoming of the Pharisees is failing to follow
> > Mosaic Law to the letter, and he cites Mark 7:
> > 10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso
> > curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
> > 11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is
> > Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be
> > profited by me; he shall be free.
> > 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
>
> > However, Matthew 5 tells the full story, and it has nothing to do with
> > Mosaic Law.  In Matthew 5, Jesus cites a whole list of virtues, each
> > one followed by the statement it leads the practitioner to heaven.
> > None of those virtues include practice of Mosaic Law, the Mosaic
> > ritual and sacrifice system, or the formulaic beliefs of St. Paul.
> > According to Jesus, you don't have to believe in the Trinity, per-
> > Tribulation rapture, post-tribulation rapture, the virginity of Mary,
> > the divinity of Jesus, or anything else.  But you DO have to follow a
> > path of righteousness that would embarrass most Christian ministers.
>
> > Matthew 5:
> > 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
> > 3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
> > 4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
> > 5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
> > 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for
> > they shall be filled.
> > 7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
> > 8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
> > 9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children
> > of God.
> > 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for
> > theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
> > 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and
> > shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
> > 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
> > for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
> > 13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,
> > wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but
> > to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
> > 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot
> > be hid.
>
> > TCross
>
> =======================
>
> Let's examine what Jesus says about the righteousness of Terry Cross.

Apparently Moshe cannot handle the question on the floor, so changes
the subject instead.

Paul himself would condemn Joseph for failing to stone Mary:

Romans 10:5
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the
man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Instead, Matthew says that Joseph was a just man for his intention NOT
to stone Mary:

Matthew 1:19
Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her
a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

Should we choose Matthew over Paul?

TCross

moshe

On Mar 5, 9:06 am, Terry Cross <tcros...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot
> > > be hid.
>
> > > TCross
>
> > =======================
>
> > Let's examine what Jesus says about the righteousness of Terry Cross.
>
> Apparently Moshe cannot handle the question on the floor, so changes
> the subject instead.
>
> Paul himself would condemn Joseph for failing to stone Mary:
>
> Romans 10:5
> For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the
> man which doeth those things shall live by them.
>
> Instead, Matthew says that Joseph was a just man for his intention NOT
> to stone Mary:
>
> Matthew 1:19
> Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her
> a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

=================

Terry Cross keeps posting the same lie,
because lying is all that she knows how to do.

Terry Cross deliberately left out Deuteronomy 22:13 which introduced
the
passage,
exactly as Satan was dishonestly selective in quoting Scripture to
Jesus in the temptation.

That verse introduces the passage by saying that the couple is fully-
married and the man goes in to his wife to consummate the marriage.

But Matthew 1:18 says that Joespeh and Mary were engaged,
not yet fully-married,
Joseph had not yet consummated the marriage,
so Deuteronomy 22:13-21 does not apply.

And Deuteronomy 22:22-30 does not apply,
because those scenarios require that the woman
be caught with a man who is not her betrothed or husband,
and Mary was never seen with anyone other than Joseph.

So, as usual, Nazi Terry Cross is a filthy liar.

- moshe

Terry Cross

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, moshe <joest...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 9:06 am, Terry Cross <tcros...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > =======================
>
> > > Let's examine what Jesus says about the righteousness of Terry Cross.
>
> > Apparently Moshe cannot handle the question on the floor, so changes
> > the subject instead.
>
> > Paul himself would condemn Joseph for failing to stone Mary:
>
> > Romans 10:5
> > For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the
> > man which doeth those things shall live by them.
>
> > Instead, Matthew says that Joseph was a just man for his intention NOT
> > to stone Mary:
>
> > Matthew 1:19
> > Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her
> > a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
>
> > Should we choose Matthew over Paul?
>
> > TCross
>
> =================
>
> Terry Cross keeps posting the same lie,
> because lying is all that she knows how to do.
>
> Terry Cross deliberately left out Deuteronomy 22:13 which introduced
> the
> passage,
> exactly as Satan was dishonestly selective in quoting Scripture to
> Jesus in the temptation.
>
> That verse introduces the passage by saying that the couple is fully-
> married and the man goes in to his wife to consummate the marriage.
>
> But Matthew 1:18 says that Joespeh and Mary were engaged,
> not yet fully-married,
> Joseph had not yet consummated the marriage,
> so Deuteronomy 22:13-21 does not apply.
>
> And Deuteronomy 22:22-30 does not apply,
> because those scenarios require that the woman
> be caught with a man who is not her betrothed or husband,
> and Mary was never seen with anyone other than Joseph.
>
> So, as usual, Nazi Terry Cross is a filthy liar.

The woman in Deuteronomy 22 is stoned to death "because she hath
wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house."
Moshe wants to quibble over how how the lack of virginity was
discovered. Is Moshe arguing for the American "exclusion principle"?
Judah had no such concerns:

Genesis 38:24
And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah,
saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also,
behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her
forth, and let her be burnt.

This is how Moshe responds when confronted with a huge anomaly in the
Bible, where the Torah is once again shown to be a cruel and vicious
ancestor of Shariah law, and no less bloody.

TCross

moshe

=================

Terry Cross keeps posting the same lie,
because lying is all that she knows how to do.

Terry Cross deliberately left out Deuteronomy 22:13 which introduced
the
passage,
exactly as Satan was dishonestly selective in quoting Scripture to
Jesus in the temptation.

That verse introduces the passage by saying that the couple is fully-
married and the man goes in to his wife to consummate the marriage.

But Matthew 1:18 says that Joespeh and Mary were engaged,
not yet fully-married,
Joseph had not yet consummated the marriage,
so Deuteronomy 22:13-21 does not apply.

And Deuteronomy 22:22-30 does not apply,
because those scenarios require that the woman
be caught with a man who is not her betrothed or husband,
and Mary was never seen with anyone other than Joseph.

Please see the new thread at:
https://groups.google.com/group/alt.messianic/browse_frm/thread/2985b70a03c55efd/68c09448fc8b564f#68c094...

It documents that Terry Cross is an anti-Semite who sneaks into
Biblical newsgroups for the purpose of spreading Nazi propaganda.

- moshe

jwsheffield@satx.rr.com

Law and the Christian
Geoffrey J. Paxton

The Harmony of Law and Grace

Legalism is the enemy of grace because of a faulty view of the law,
and antinomianism is the enemy of law because of its false view of
grace. Legalism neglects the "grace basis" of law, and antinomianism
neglects the "law basis" of grace. We must now expound what these
expressions signify.

Law has a "grace basis." Law, as that authority under which man has
his existence, is a loving provision of God. As far as the Bible is
concerned, man is free when he is under God's authority. The law of
God is the order of man's existence, and man is free when he lives in
conformity to that order. One of the first steps to good health is to
be in tune with reality. The prodigal illustrates this point. He
thought he would be free once he was outside the authority of his
father, so he set out on his "trip of emancipation." However, he came
to himself when he started to reflect upon the condition of his
father's servants. He made his way back to request that he become a
servant, for he knew that freedom consisted in being committed to his
father. The law of God is not a harsh, alien law which destroys man's
personhood, as some have wrongly imagined. It is that law which allows
man to be his "true" self. Man was created free because man was
created subject to the authority (law) of God.

It is not surprising, therefore, to see grace as the basis of the Ten
Commandments: "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land
of Egypt . . . " (R.S.V.). This statement of fact prefaces the demands
which Jehovah makes upon His people. They are to behave in a certain
way because Jehovah has rescued them. In terms of concrete realities,
the Ten Commands expound what being rescued means.

The situation is not different when we come to the New Testament. Let
Romans 12:1 act as a typical text: "Therefore, my brothers, I implore
you by God's mercy . . . " (N.E.B.). The "therefore" and the "by God's
mercy" root and ground the demand in the unmerited and undeserved
rescue activity of God in saving His people from the pigpen.

The legalist misses this order and therefore fails to understand the
true nature of law. He seeks to make the kindness and favor of God
dependent upon his keeping the law, instead of seeing that the
obligation to keep the law rests upon the favor of God. Law is based
on grace.

What is meant when we say that grace has a law basis? Let us seek to
answer the question by asking another: On what basis does God accept
the believer? Two quite wrong answers have been given to this
question: first, the legalist's answer, which puts the emphasis upon
the obedience of man; and second, the antinomian's answer, which says
that the angry judge (God) was placated (or won over) by the merciful
mediator, Jesus Christ.

The only answer which will do justice to the Bible is that the love of
God was demonstrated in His saving activity in Jesus Christ. Jesus
Christ met the demands of the law of God by that perfect and perpetual
obedience seen in His life and death. The incarnation of the Son of
God honored the law of God. Such honoring of God's law (obedience,
active and passive) is the ground on which God accepts us. This is
what we mean when we speak of the "legal basis" of grace.

The antinomian fails to see the true harmony between law and grace,
and conceives grace as the negation of the law. He not only dishonors
the law, but grace also.

The failure to perceive this harmony of law and grace has led to a sad
misrepresentation of the character of God. When the love of God is
spoken of apart from the law, then God is seen as One who does not
care for justice. This is not the God and Father of our Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ. When the justice of God is spoken of apart from
His loving activity in Christ, then God is seen as an angry judge
mercilessly exacting payment for the failures of men and women. The
God and Father of Jesus Christ our Rescuer, is neither unjust (for He
has honored the law) nor unloving (for He has honored the law for us).
He is the Just and Loving One.

In summary: We must guard grace from distortion by a wrong view of the
law. We must also guard law from a misconception of grace. The
legalist expresses a misconception of law and thereby degrades grace,
and the antinomian voices a false view of grace and thereby does
damage to law. The law must be viewed in the light of grace (the grace
basis of law), and grace must be seen in the light of law (the law
basis of grace).

http://www.presenttruthmag.com/archive/VII...

Up from the Abyss

"moshe" wrote:
> Terry Cross wrote:
> >
> Apparently Moshe cannot handle the question on the
> floor, so changes the subject instead.

It seems to be his M.O.

Rather than directly address many of the issues raised
Moshe has resorted to ad hominem as though that
somehow addressed the issue(s) raised.

I seriously see Moshe as simply another P.O.S.

> > Paul himself would condemn Joseph for failing to
> > stone Mary:
> >
> > Romans 10:5
> > For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
> > That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
> >
> > Instead, Matthew says that Joseph was a just man for his
> > intention NOT to stone Mary:
> >
> > Matthew 1:19
> > Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to
> > make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
> >
> > Should we choose Matthew over Paul?
>
> Terry Cross keeps posting the same lie,
> because lying is all that she knows how to do.

And Moshe continues to respond with ad hominem. Because
Moshe's position is too weak to address the issues raised.

> Terry Cross deliberately left out Deuteronomy 22:13 which
> introduced the passage, exactly as Satan was dishonestly
> selective in quoting Scripture to Jesus in the temptation.

This was addressed last week. The inclusion of Devarim
22:13 makes no difference in this instance. Either way, the
result was the same. She was to be stoned for being found
not to be a virgin, or, she was to be stoned for playing the
harlot in her father's house.

> That verse introduces the passage by saying that the couple
> is fully-married and the man goes in to his wife to
> consummate the marriage.

And if she is not married, she is to be stoned for playing
the harlot in her father's house.

<snip repetitious bullshit>

> So, as usual, Nazi Terry Cross is a filthy liar.

And Moshe makes void the law for the sake of his
attempting to win a discussion. Moshe actually even
misrepresents what is written and attempts to skew
it to his errant perspective.

Thus, there is no truth, nor light in Moshe.

To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according
to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

For not the hearers of the law are just before
God, but the doers of the law shall be justified: