About Editors

kittu T.

5/13/2008 10:04:00 AM

Hi, I have been working on C# from the past two and half years and as a
ruby enthusiast i would like to dig in to it to the extent possible for
me....as of know just a newbie and interested in knowing the best editor
to work with Ruby..
is it Netbeans? or Rad Rails? or may be some other editor...can any one
of you people please suggest me the best editor to work with....

thanks in advance!
kittu.

Casimir

The best editor is the one you like and know best. This is a *lovely*
question and I personally ask myself this q at least once a year.

I used to like netbeans (but it was slow and bulky, many years ago).
I used to like textpad (and still might but am trying to stay on linux).

Vim is excellent and has excellent code completion for ruby and other
(ruby) plugins, and can be configured to do anything you like, but
requires weeks of learning and modifying for most.

Kate is excellent editor, is very easy to start using and has nice code
completion, but is only available for KDE. Great for ruby.

JEdit is excellent cross platform code-tool, but isnt quite as fast and
stable as vim in my experience. Very nice plugins. Waiting for the pre
to hit stable version.

Scite is lightweight and clean and has code completion and ruby
compilation built in.

All free as in open source.

YMMV.

---Casimir Pohjanraito

kittu T. kirjoitti:
> Hi, I have been working on C# from the past two and half years and as a
> ruby enthusiast i would like to dig in to it to the extent possible for
> me....as of know just a newbie and interested in knowing the best editor
> to work with Ruby..
> is it Netbeans? or Rad Rails? or may be some other editor...can any one
> of you people please suggest me the best editor to work with....
>
> thanks in advance!
> kittu.

Seon

"Government Shill #2" <gov.shill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:14:46 +1100, "Seon" <seongf@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Government Shill #2" <gov.shill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Did you watch the Media Watch footage? All of it?
>>>
>>Yes and while seven did show how biased and useless it is by suggesting
>>Abbott insulted the soldier who died
>
> So you now no longer believe him to be "a disrespectful jack ass", and you
> are
> embarrassed to have written "Abbott happens...(I mean shit)"?
>
> Good.

Nope he was still at fault but I am starting to see how biased seven is.