Re: Compilation error in cont.c

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Compilation error in cont.c"
on Fri, 9 May 2008 23:32:42 +0900, Emanuele Ricci <maurice.enciel@gmail.com> writes:

|Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
|> That seems to be a linker problem around librt. You have to check
|> whether librt installed correctly. Or you can remove -lrt from
|> configure. I have virtually zero knowledge about cross compiling, but
|> it should be possible.
|
|Hi,
|removing -lrt I get the following error:
|./libruby-static.a(time.o)(.text+0x198): In function `time_init':
|: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
|collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
|make[1]: *** [ruby] Error 1
|make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/del/Desktop/rubytrunk/ruby'
|make: *** [all] Error 2

By "removing -lrt", I also meant removing HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME from
<config.h>.

|The "no version information available" kind of error seems to be the
|result of a library mismatch between the build and target systems
|(http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview...).
|
|I'll tell you as soon as I get it to work.

I hope you can solve the version inconsistency.

matz.

1 Answer

Emanuele Ricci

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> By "removing -lrt", I also meant removing HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME from
> <config.h>.

Hi,
I should have read time.c. Indeed removing HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME I'm able
to get to the end of the compilation process.
I still get the "Segmentation error" trying the resulting ruby on the
target, doe.
I guess I must recompile the glibc libraries to match those of the
building system...

> I hope you can solve the version inconsistency.

Me too, trying to cross-compile the glibc libraries right now.

Thank you again,
Emanuele.