Re: Compilation error in cont.c

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Compilation error in cont.c"
on Fri, 9 May 2008 18:25:36 +0900, Emanuele Ricci <maurice.enciel@gmail.com> writes:

|Thank you really very much for patching the trunk, indeed now I'm able
|to cross compile succesfully ruby 1.9.

Sounds nice.

|However once I put it on the target and launch it I get the following
|error:
|
|ruby1.9: /lib/librt.so.1: no version information available (required by
|ruby1.9)
|Segmentation fault
|
|Could you give me an hint also about that?

That seems to be a linker problem around librt. You have to check
whether librt installed correctly. Or you can remove -lrt from
configure. I have virtually zero knowledge about cross compiling, but
it should be possible.

matz.

1 Answer

Emanuele Ricci

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> That seems to be a linker problem around librt. You have to check
> whether librt installed correctly. Or you can remove -lrt from
> configure. I have virtually zero knowledge about cross compiling, but
> it should be possible.

Hi,
removing -lrt I get the following error:
/libruby-static.a(time.o)(.text+0x198): In function `time_init':
: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ruby] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/del/Desktop/rubytrunk/ruby'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The "no version information available" kind of error seems to be the
result of a library mismatch between the build and target systems
(http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview...).

I'll tell you as soon as I get it to work.

Emanuele.