Re: Ruby mentoring

Iñaki Baz Castillo

5/3/2008 3:21:00 PM

El S=C3=A1bado, 3 de Mayo de 2008, Michael T. Richter escribi=C3=B3:

> If, for example, I were to be luka luka's mentor, he
> would email me with his questions and I would answer those I know the
> answers to and research the answers (including forwarding the question
> here) to any I didn't know.

Doesn't it break the concept of a maillist? this is: public questions and=20
public responses so everyone can read them or search for them later and=20
learn.

> if you don't want your inbox spammed with a thousand different
> answers to each of your questions,

Is't easier to tell people not to ask a thread if there are already a corre=
ct=20
response?

IMHO, this is a typicall issue of any maillist, but the solution is not=20
allowing individual questions, but showing how to do the questions, showing=
=20
where and how to search before ask an already answered question and showing=
=20
maillist rules.

In any maillist there are always expert level people, intermediate level=20
people and newbies. Maybe intermediate level people should reply to easy=20
questions and expert level people just to intermediate or high level=20
questions. The issue is that usually a expert spents time answering an easy=
=20
question that any other guy with no so much level could answer perfectly.

Just my opinion. Best regards.

=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo