Re: compiling gsl for one-click ruby (sorta solved

Gavan Mcgrath

5/2/2008 2:26:00 AM

> this weekend i managed to compile the gsl (gnu scientific library),
> narray,
> and rb-gsl (ruby binding to gsl) under msys/mingw in a way that is
> compatible
> with the latest one-click installer.
> i'd like to do a couple of things
>
> - write up this process for others to be able to follow

So was this ever done? I can't seem to find the one click installer
wiki where this was said to be posted. I have read a dozen or so posts
claiming to describe how to do it, but they are usually written assuming
a lot of prior knowledge and often provide only a nod and a wink about
hacking this and that without actaully describing what was done. For a
newbee that is very frustrating indeed. Posts seem to have dried up in
the last year or so on this topic, so window users like me must have
given up or moved on.

Help appreciated.

Phillip Gawlowski

ara.t.howard

On May 1, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Gavan Mcgrath wrote:
> So was this ever done? I can't seem to find the one click installer
> wiki where this was said to be posted. I have read a dozen or so
> posts
> claiming to describe how to do it, but they are usually written
> assuming
> a lot of prior knowledge and often provide only a nod and a wink about
> hacking this and that without actaully describing what was done.
> For a
> newbee that is very frustrating indeed. Posts seem to have dried up
> in
> the last year or so on this topic, so window users like me must have
> given up or moved on.
>
> Help appreciated.

i've done it.

bit old, but located here

http://codeforp...lib/ruby/r...

grab the tarball, unpack, and run: ruby install.rb

i had to hack the source a bit.

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

ara.t.howard

On May 1, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> Try the sandbox for the new, MinGW/MSYS based installer?

fwiw my installer was done on to of mingw, so this is quite possible.
took a few source hacks, however.

On May 1, 2008, at 10:08 PM, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> Hm, could you submit this patch to the OCI project? I'm sure these
> folks
> are hungry for stuff like that. ;)

it's been far too long for me to remember what i did - but the work is
there for people to scour- sorry i can't help more right now.

but it *is* possible, complete with narray.

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Gavan Mcgrath

Hey thanks. Worked a treat.
Now that I'm working with GSL I'll work on learning how to do cross
compile other libraries via MinGW.

(not so) Blue(y)

> i've done it.
>
> bit old, but located here
>
> http://codeforp...lib/ruby/r...
>
> grab the tarball, unpack, and run: ruby install.rb
>
> i had to hack the source a bit.
>
> a @ http://codeforp...

Ron

On Jun 30, 5:44 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <qekrf...@qoekirhg.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <roneal1...@att.net> wrote in message

> On Jun 30, 2:09 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <qekrf...@qoekirhg.com> wrote:
>

> > Now, word is that Robert's chickened out at the last minute for fear of
> > the
> > court's reputation as being trashed as political. That's exactly the smear
> > that Hussein and the democrats had canned and ready to go with if the
> > counrt
> > had dared uphold the rule of law and the constitution. Hear me good: The
> > court was intimidated out of upholding the constitution by threats from
> > the
> > executive branch and the democrats.
>
> > Look how Hussein is punishing AZ for daring to try and uphold immigration
> > law. This is the exact way things work in third-world countries folks, and
> > brought to you by the nation's first nigger president.
>
> > Goddamn America.
>
> > -Eddie Haskell
>
> > "The court was intimidated out of upholding the constitution by
> > threats from the executive branch and the democrats."
> > Got anything that resembles, even remotely, proof of this statement?
>
> Let me dumb it down for you:
>
> Hussein and his henchmen threaten that the court will be smeared as
> political is they don't up hold Husseincare - Roberts backs out at the last
> minute fearing that if they strike it down the court will be smeared as
> political.
>
> Do you get it now or do I have to break out the crayons, mo-Ron?
>
> -Eddie Haskell

Let me dumb it down for YOU. I asked for a URL of that "Horrific
Speech" and once again you come up empty handed.

GOTT-DAMN !

Eddie Haskell

"Ron" <roneal1554@att.net> wrote in message
On Jun 30, 5:44 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <qekrf...@qoekirhg.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <roneal1...@att.net> wrote in message

> On Jun 30, 2:09 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <qekrf...@qoekirhg.com> wrote:
>

> > Now, word is that Robert's chickened out at the last minute for fear of
> > the
> > court's reputation as being trashed as political. That's exactly the
> > smear
> > that Hussein and the democrats had canned and ready to go with if the
> > counrt
> > had dared uphold the rule of law and the constitution. Hear me good: The
> > court was intimidated out of upholding the constitution by threats from
> > the
> > executive branch and the democrats.
>
> > Look how Hussein is punishing AZ for daring to try and uphold
> > immigration
> > law. This is the exact way things work in third-world countries folks,
> > and
> > brought to you by the nation's first nigger president.
>
> > Goddamn America.
>
> > -Eddie Haskell
>
> > "The court was intimidated out of upholding the constitution by
> > threats from the executive branch and the democrats."
> > Got anything that resembles, even remotely, proof of this statement?
>
> Let me dumb it down for you:
>
> Hussein and his henchmen threaten that the court will be smeared as
> political is they don't up hold Husseincare - Roberts backs out at the
> last
> minute fearing that if they strike it down the court will be smeared as
> political.
>
> Do you get it now or do I have to break out the crayons, mo-Ron?
>
> -Eddie Haskell
>

> Let me dumb it down for YOU. I asked for a URL of that "Horrific
> Speech" and once again you come up empty handed.

> GOTT-DAMN !

Can't find a transcript? Wonder why?

Media blackout?

Gosh, must be damning..

Post it and show us that it isn't. Good luck digging through Dan Rather's
garbage can and NBC's edit room.

Oh, what's that over there by the shredder..?

-Eddie Haskell