Preventing automatic hyperlinks in rdoc

Francis Devereux

5/1/2008 10:56:00 AM

How can I prevent rdoc from automatically hyperlinking to methods?

For example, if I have run rdoc on the following code:

class Searcher
# Performs a search
def search(params)
end

# Uses search to find things by name
def search_by_name(name)

then the word "search" is a hyperlink in both "Performs a search" and "Uses
search to find things by name". I would like it to only be a hyperlink in
"Uses search to find things by name" (i.e. I want "Performs a search" to be
plain text).

Thanks,

Francis.
2 Answers

Jano Svitok

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Francis Devereux <emacs@devrx.org> wrote:
> How can I prevent rdoc from automatically hyperlinking to methods?
>
> For example, if I have run rdoc on the following code:
>
> class Searcher
> # Performs a search
> def search(params)
> end
>
> # Uses search to find things by name
> def search_by_name(name)
>
> then the word "search" is a hyperlink in both "Performs a search" and "Uses
> search to find things by name". I would like it to only be a hyperlink in
> "Uses search to find things by name" (i.e. I want "Performs a search" to be
> plain text).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis.

See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
(=install rdoc 2.0 and prefix by "\")

J.

Francis Devereux

Jano Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Francis Devereux <emacs@devrx.org> wrote:
>> How can I prevent rdoc from automatically hyperlinking to methods?
>
> See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
> (=install rdoc 2.0 and prefix by "\")

Thanks! I should have checked to see if there was a newer version of rdoc
than the one I was using...

Francis.