debugging with Test::Unit

Eric Mahurin

I'd like to use a debugger ('debug', 'ruby-debug', or even irb) with
Test::Unit. So far, the standard 'debug' seems to work best with
Test::Unit, but breakpoints don't seem to work very well (compared to
'ruby-debug'). 'debug' works because it seems to stop whenever an exception
is raised (independent of whether it is rescued). 'ruby-debug' seems to
have more capability though (and breakpoints seem to work). From what I can
tell, one of these solutions would work:

- ruby-debug: have a way to stop whenever an exception is raised
- debug: breakpoints need to work more reliably
- test/unit: don't rescue AssertionFailedError

How do others use a debugger with Test::Unit?

3 Answers

Beam Me Up Scotty

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> No Bammer <nobammer@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>> This whole mideast nuclear "crisis" would vanish if our corrupt media
>>> would only point out that Israel has 400 nukes so of course any arab
>>> state is also entitled to them.
>> The best reason is you can trust Israel a little bit more than you can a
>> filthy Islamadanian country.
>

> HAHAHA. Israel is the terror & torture capitol of the world - after america
> of course.

Obama will win that prize next year.....

Agendum

On 10/26/2009 5:18 PM, No Bammer wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> This whole mideast nuclear "crisis" would vanish if our corrupt media
>> would only point out that Israel has 400 nukes so of course any arab
>> state is also entitled to them.
>
> The best reason is you can trust Israel a little bit more than you can a
> filthy Islamadanian country. MOEhammad was a filthy, murdering, raping,
> thieving, child molesting low life just like his imaginary allah.

You can trust Israel to kill 100 times more innocent women,
children, old men, cripples and babies than the number of Israeli
soldiers lost to military strikes against the IDF. That's about the
only aspect of Israel anyone can trust.

-Al-

grey_ghost471-newsgroups

Al Smith <invalid@address.com> wrote in news:hcb0rf$egd$3@news.eternal-
september.org:

> On 10/26/2009 5:18 PM, No Bammer wrote:
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>> This whole mideast nuclear "crisis" would vanish if our corrupt media
>>> would only point out that Israel has 400 nukes so of course any arab
>>> state is also entitled to them.
>>
>> The best reason is you can trust Israel a little bit more than you can a
>> filthy Islamadanian country. MOEhammad was a filthy, murdering, raping,
>> thieving, child molesting low life just like his imaginary allah.
>

> You can trust Israel to kill 100 times more innocent women,
> children, old men, cripples and babies than the number of Israeli
> soldiers lost to military strikes against the IDF. That's about the
> only aspect of Israel anyone can trust.
>
> -Al-

Blood libel. Didn't you work for that loser Goebells?