win32-file set_permissions

Dave King

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Heesob Park <phasis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > I'm trying to use win32/file to set permission on a file, but I can't
> > seem
> > to get it working. Here's what I've tried
> >
> > require "win32/file"
> > File.set_permissions("C:\\foo.txt", {"Domain\\username" => 2032127})
> >
> > and I get this error
> >
> > :/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/win32-file-0.5.5/lib/win32/file.rb:212:in
> > `set_permissions': The access control list (ACL) structure is invalid.
> > (ArgumentError)
> >
> In the current version, it means the given account do not exist.
> The misleading message must be modified.
>
> Inserting the following line at file.rb #158 will solve this problem.
>
> if sid.strip == ""
> raise ArgumentError, 'Account does not exist'
> end
>
> > I can read permissions I just can't set them.
>
> Try this:
>
> perm = File.get_permissions("C:\\foo.txt")
> p perm
> File.set_permissions("C:\\foo.txt",perm)
>
> Regards,
> Park Heesob

Thanks for your help. It looks like some strange things are happening.
When I do the above where I get, then set the permssions on my local drive
it works fine. When I do it on a mapped drive I get the account not found
error after inserting the code above. However, if I try to add a domain
account permissions to the file then it doesn't give an error, but it
doesn't add the permissions either.