Re: Ruby For Hackers

Glenn West

4/28/2008 10:27:00 AM

For me, I find generally ruby is "nice".=0A=0A1. Easy to do a gui (Either l=
ocally or via the web using rails=0A2. Easy to use a database (In 6 months =
I've done Oracle, Pervasive, Unify, Firebird, and dbase)=0A3. Generally eas=
y to "script" to everything from LDAP to telnet and screen scrap the web=0A=
4. Easiest to learn (Python was easy to, but the web framework is less matu=
re)=0A5. I think if you want to do a "exe" py2eye is sweet. I need to find =
the equiv for ruby=0A6. Python I think has better graphics libraries (My pc=
xtojpg didnt require ImageMagik, and is a easy to use command line exe)=0A7=
.. I hacked a Color Profile with ruby and bitstructs, so hacking packets is =
pretty easy to=0A=0AI learned python 18 months ago, I learned ruby 9 months=
ago. I've not touched python since.=0A=0AAlso check out shoes.=0A=0AI love=
ruby so much I even invested in 6 books. (But you dont need them as almost=
everything is on the web).=0A=0AIf I had any compaint about ruby, its that=
its "too" easy. =0A:) Nice problem to have.=0A=0A- Original Message ----=
=0AFrom: Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackryan@googlemail.com>=0ATo: ruby-talk ML =
<ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>=0ASent: Monday, 28 April 2008 6:21:00=0ASubject: =
=0A=0ALuka Lukako wrote:=0A=0A| Which learn first, python, perl or java? wh=
ich is more easy?=0A| 1. python=0A| 2. perl=0A| 3. and java?=0A=0AYes.=0A=
=0AThey are all equally easy or hard to learn, nowadays, especially if you=
=0Aalready know your way around technical documentation, or know how to use=
=0Aa search engine.=0A=0A(I know that 'Dive into Python' is available for f=
ree as electronic=0Aversion, which is sort of similar to Programming Ruby).=
=0A=0A- --=0APhillip Gawlowski=0ATwitter: twitter.com/cynicalryan=0A=0AZero=
defects: The result of shutting down a production line.=0A~ -- Kelvin Thro=
on: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)=0AComment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://eni=
gmail.mozdev.org=0A=0AiEYEARECAAYFAkgU/DYACgkQbtAgaoJTgL99rgCgnTUf5QhtIx45I=
XA7YeVNNT13=0AvkUAoJlgwKdlhvhEIA+WdLMq+DqBgX7J=0A=3DfRDA=0A-----END PGP SIG=
_________________ =0AYahoo! Singapore Answers =0AReal people. Real question=
s. Real answers. Share what you know at http://answers.ya...