Interprocess Communication Windows?

Christian Kerth

4/28/2008 7:39:00 AM

What is the best way to do interprocess communication under windows?

I've tried:

- Process Signals, but trapping them doesn't work

- Win32::Event but in the second Process i doesn't get the handle

Can somebody point me in the right direction and give me some examples?

thx

Roger Pack

there's always the old hack of binding and connecting to localhost :)

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Christian Kerth
<christian.kerth@dynamicmedia.at> wrote:
> What is the best way to do interprocess communication under windows?
>
> I've tried:
>
> - Process Signals, but trapping them doesn't work
>
> - Win32::Event but in the second Process i doesn't get the handle
>
> Can somebody point me in the right direction and give me some examples?
>
> thx

Luis Lavena

On Apr 28, 4:38 am, Christian Kerth <christian.ke...@dynamicmedia.at>
wrote:
> What is the best way to do interprocess communication under windows?
>
> I've tried:
>
> - Process Signals, but trapping them doesn't work
>
> - Win32::Event but in the second Process i doesn't get the handle
>
> Can somebody point me in the right direction and give me some examples?

Another, not so technically advanced solution will be use DRb as
exchange mechanism...

Of course, if both sides are implemented by you :-)

Also, it is cross platform.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena

Christian Kerth

Luis Lavena wrote:

> Another, not so technically advanced solution will be use DRb as
> exchange mechanism...

Using DRb now, seems to fit my purpose. Thanks!