Ruby For Hackers

luka luka

4/27/2008 5:02:00 PM

Anybody know how to writing Keyloggers in ruby, or trojans or other
viruses?

P.S. please nybody have book for networking and sockets? (for coding in
ruby)

Robert Klemme

On 27.04.2008 19:01, Luka Lukako wrote:
> Anybody know how to writing Keyloggers in ruby, or trojans or other
> viruses?

Even if I would, I would not tell you - for obvious reasons.

> P.S. please nybody have book for networking and sockets? (for coding in
> ruby)

It's described in the Pickaxe which is online.

Cheers

robert

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Luka Lukako wrote:
> Anybody know how to writing Keyloggers in ruby, or trojans or other
> viruses?
>
> P.S. please nybody have book for networking and sockets? (for coding in
> ruby)

Ruby is a terrible language for writing malware ... go learn Forth. ;)

S2

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Ruby is a terrible language for writing malware ... go learn Forth. ;)

or visual basic 6 :)

Tim Hunter

Luka Lukako wrote:
> Anybody know how to writing Keyloggers in ruby, or trojans or other
> viruses?

Well, I don't know much about that field of programming, but if I had to
guess I'd say that Ruby seems ill-suited for these kinds of
applications. I mean, it makes it hard to run code surreptitiously when
the target computer has to have the Ruby interpreter, RubyGems, and
half-a-dozen gems installed. What are you going to say when the target
machine's actual owner asks you why he has to install all this stuff?
"Oh, no reason. Don't worry about it. Pretty please?"

Also Ruby is, ah, not exactly a speed demon, is it? I'd think that when
you want your virus to fire itself up and start sending spam you'd want
it to run quickly, otherwise the target machine's actual owner might
notice something's wrong.

All-in-all you're probably better off using some language more suited
for malware. Like Perl, or Python. Yeah, that's it. Perl. Or Python.
Either one.

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.ruby...
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.ruby...rmagick2.html

Sammy Larbi

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:30 PM, S2 <z@q.w> wrote:

> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
> > Ruby is a terrible language for writing malware ... go learn Forth. ;)
>
> or visual basic 6 :)

Isn't there a requirement that malware be intentional?

Sam

luka luka

Tim Hunter wrote:
> Luka Lukako wrote:
>> Anybody know how to writing Keyloggers in ruby, or trojans or other
>> viruses?
>
> Well, I don't know much about that field of programming, but if I had to
> guess I'd say that Ruby seems ill-suited for these kinds of
> applications. I mean, it makes it hard to run code surreptitiously when
> the target computer has to have the Ruby interpreter, RubyGems, and
> half-a-dozen gems installed. What are you going to say when the target
> machine's actual owner asks you why he has to install all this stuff?
> "Oh, no reason. Don't worry about it. Pretty please?"
>
> Also Ruby is, ah, not exactly a speed demon, is it? I'd think that when
> you want your virus to fire itself up and start sending spam you'd want
> it to run quickly, otherwise the target machine's actual owner might
> notice something's wrong.
>
> All-in-all you're probably better off using some language more suited
> for malware. Like Perl, or Python. Yeah, that's it. Perl. Or Python.
> Either one.

Thanks you Tim! I think too, for hacking, is perl, python, C++ etc.. but
not ruby. :)

But, Why we need ruby? if only he can writing applications, who has
installed ruby? and for only rails?

- - -
WHY WE NEED RUBY?
- - -

Lionel Bouton

Luka Lukako wrote:

> - - -
> WHY WE NEED RUBY?
> - - -

For flamewars. You can build high power lasers with one ruby. Then you
can use it to start fires from remote locations. So if you and your
opponent(s) have ruby in your arsenal you can start a flamewar.

Lionel

Tim Hunter

Luka Lukako wrote:
> - - -
> WHY WE NEED RUBY?
> - - -

That is a deep metaphysical question that I am unworthy to answer. But
I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Perhaps Ruby fills the void that all programmers feel when searching for
the Answer to web-app, networking, and natural language processing
Questions. An all-encompassing, overarching, loving programming language
that is always there for us when it feels like the world - or at least
that part of the world populated by our bosses and customers - is
against us.

Indeed, we could say "If Ruby did not exist, man would be forced to
invent it."

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.ruby...
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.ruby...rmagick2.html

darren kirby

quoth the Luka Lukako:

> - - -
> WHY WE NEED RUBY?
> - - -

...because Perl exists.

-d
--
darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badco...

luka luka

Tim Hunter wrote:
> Luka Lukako wrote:
>> - - -
>> WHY WE NEED RUBY?
>> - - -
>
> That is a deep metaphysical question that I am unworthy to answer. But
> I'll take a stab at it anyway.
>
> Perhaps Ruby fills the void that all programmers feel when searching for
> the Answer to web-app, networking, and natural language processing
> Questions. An all-encompassing, overarching, loving programming language
> that is always there for us when it feels like the world - or at least
> that part of the world populated by our bosses and customers - is
> against us.
>
> Indeed, we could say "If Ruby did not exist, man would be forced to
> invent it."

Mdaa... It's good answer but not fully :(

I have ledge one question:
I just begin learning ruby - so, 1 month, and i can writing, some simple
program in ruby, and I want to ask you, continue the learning ruby? or
no and learn other language, example: Python, Perl or Java?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English :)