status ruby 1.9 rails or 1.8 w/oniguruma

jOhn

4/25/2008 11:12:00 PM

what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get vy.n to
work w/oniguruma?

plz provide a good spot to track dependencies as there doesnt seem to
be a definitive answer

4 Answers

jOhn

whoops that was typed on my phone, vy.n = v1.8 ...

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jOhn <netcam@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get vy.n to
> work w/oniguruma?
>
> plz provide a good spot to track dependencies as there doesnt seem to
> be a definitive answer

Eric Hodel

On Apr 25, 2008, at 19:12 PM, jOhn wrote:

> what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
> work w/oniguruma?

For 1.8:

a) install the oniguruma C library.
b) gem install oniguruma
c) require 'oniguruma'

Charles Oliver Nutter

Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2008, at 19:12 PM, jOhn wrote:
>
>> what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
>> work w/oniguruma?
>

> For 1.8:
>
> a) install the oniguruma C library.
> b) gem install oniguruma
> c) require 'oniguruma'

Also worth mentioning JRuby 1.1.x is compatible with 1.8 and ships with
an oniguruma port as the default regexp.

- Charlie

jOhn

ok but i asked b/c onig fails to compile on ubuntu via gem install, so
it is broken but ill follow some workarounds.