Books - Ruby - Mechanize - HTTP

Fred

4/25/2008 3:16:00 PM

Hello,

Anybody knows a good book with examples to understand Mechanize and the
HTTP protocols (GET and POST)?

I don't understand it and i can't find the right books about these
topics specific.

Thanks
2 Answers

James Britt

Fred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody knows a good book with examples to understand Mechanize and the
> HTTP protocols (GET and POST)?
>
> I don't understand it and i can't find the right books about these
> topics specific.

I am unaware of any book covering Mechanize.

I wrote up some of my experiences using Mechanize here:

http://www.jamesbritt.com/2007/4/8/how-i-did-it-rub...

but the details on the Mechanize API may be somewhat dated.

I've found Web Client Programming with Perl to be very helpful:

http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/...

It's free online, and despite using Perl the examples are useful and the
appendices very informative.

There are also the various HTTP RFCs, too.

--
James Britt

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
- Len Bullard

Fred

James Britt schreef:
> Fred wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Anybody knows a good book with examples to understand Mechanize and the
>> HTTP protocols (GET and POST)?
>>
>> I don't understand it and i can't find the right books about these
>> topics specific.
>
> I am unaware of any book covering Mechanize.
>
> I wrote up some of my experiences using Mechanize here:
>
> http://www.jamesbritt.com/2007/4/8/how-i-did-it-rub...
>
> but the details on the Mechanize API may be somewhat dated.
>

> I've found Web Client Programming with Perl to be very helpful:
>
> http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/...
>

> It's free online, and despite using Perl the examples are useful and the
> appendices very informative.
>

> There are also the various HTTP RFCs, too.

Thank you James