Any reason for having no module exclusion functionality in R

yrashk@gmail.com

4/22/2008 8:28:00 PM

Hello,

May be I am missing something (since I am not MRI hacker), but why
there is no module exclusion functionality â?? i.e. you can extend
object with module, but can't reverse this operation? Any specific
reason for this decision?

I've just sketched simplistic implementation for this kind of
functionality (http://pastie....) and really wondering why
there is no such stuff in MRI.

Again, am I missing something?

Yurii.

Pit Capitain

2008/4/22 Yurii Rashkovskii <yrashk@gmail.com>:
> May be I am missing something (since I am not MRI hacker), but why
> there is no module exclusion functionality =97 i.e. you can extend
> object with module, but can't reverse this operation? Any specific
> reason for this decision?
>
> I've just sketched simplistic implementation for this kind of
> functionality (http://pastie....) and really wondering why
> there is no such stuff in MRI.

Interesting, Yurii. Maybe you should ask on ruby-core?

Regards,
Pit

yrashk@gmail.com

>> I've just sketched simplistic implementation for this kind of
>> functionality (http://pastie....) and really wondering why
>> there is no such stuff in MRI.
>
> Interesting, Yurii. Maybe you should ask on ruby-core?

I'd be happy to â?? but I can't subscribe to ruby-core, neither by email
or through web form â?? I get no response from mailing list software.

BTW, http://github.com/yrashk/rbmodexcl/t...

Yurii.

Pit Capitain

2008/4/23 Yurii Rashkovskii <yrashk@gmail.com>:
> > Interesting, Yurii. Maybe you should ask on ruby-core?
>
> I'd be happy to =97 but I can't subscribe to ruby-core, neither by email
> or through web form =97 I get no response from mailing list software.

Yurii, if you don't mind I could forward it to ruby-core.

Regards,
Pit

yrashk@gmail.com

>> I'd be happy to � but I can't subscribe to ruby-core, neither by email
>> or through web form � I get no response from mailing list software.
>
> Yurii, if you don't mind I could forward it to ruby-core.

Pit, it would be great! Just be sure to mention
http://github.com/yrashk/rbmodexcl/t... instead of that pastie :)

Thanks in advance,
Yurii.

Daniel Berger

Yurii Rashkovskii wrote:
>>> I'd be happy to � but I can't subscribe to ruby-core, neither by email
>>> or through web form � I get no response from mailing list software.
>> Yurii, if you don't mind I could forward it to ruby-core.
>

> Pit, it would be great! Just be sure to mention
> http://github.com/yrashk/rbmodexcl/t... instead of that pastie :)

This may interest you:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/2472/exa...

Regards,