Leeching site with ruby

Jan Kowalski

4/22/2008 12:25:00 AM

Hello, i need something similiar to hpriocot but with site leeeching
functionality. I need some code which grab a given page from url, leechs
images, css, and convert url&etc. Does you know something about similiar
solution? Or i need write this code by myself?

James Bracy

You may need to write it yourself. Mechanize and hpricot work really well.
You may not need mechanize for your solution though. The code shouldn't be
that difficult to write.
James

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jan Kowalski <lukasz.chojnowski@eketing.com>
wrote:

> Hello, i need something similiar to hpriocot but with site leeeching
> functionality. I need some code which grab a given page from url, leechs
> images, css, and convert url&etc. Does you know something about similiar
> solution? Or i need write this code by myself?

ara.t.howard

On Apr 21, 2008, at 6:25 PM, Jan Kowalski wrote:
> Hello, i need something similiar to hpriocot but with site leeeching
> functionality. I need some code which grab a given page from url,
> leechs
> images, css, and convert url&etc. Does you know something about
> similiar
> solution? Or i need write this code by myself?

man wget

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Martin DeMello

why do you need ruby? you could just shell out to wget in mirroring mode.

martin

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Jan Kowalski