problem wth rubyclr and win32 service

Miika Parvio

4/21/2008 1:22:00 PM

I'm writing ruby application which should be run under windows service
by using ruby's win32 service -library. I'd want to call some dotnet
-libraries from my service implementation by using rubyclr-library.

My problem is that ruby.exe crashes (When I'm trying to start my
service) if I include rubyclr-library in my service implementation in
the following way:
require 'rubyclr'

What do I do wrong? I have installed win32 service(0.5.2) and rubyclr
(0.5.2)gems and necessarry dependencies. My service works fine without
require 'rubyclr' -line (without dotnet features) so I thinkg that
structure of my service should be written correctly.

Miika
2 Answers

Phillip Gawlowski

Miika Parvio

Phillip Gawlowski kirjoitti:

> Miika Parvio wrote:
> | I'm writing ruby application which should be run under windows service
> | by using ruby's win32 service -library. I'd want to call some dotnet
> | -libraries from my service implementation by using rubyclr-library.
> |
> | My problem is that ruby.exe crashes (When I'm trying to start my
> | service) if I include rubyclr-library in my service implementation in
> | the following way:
> | require 'rubyclr'
>
> What error do you get?
>
> Is RubyCLR compatible to the .NET version you are using?

That's the problem is. I don't get any ruby error message. I get only
error window for sending error report to microsoft. There is the
following text in error window: "Ruby interpreter (CUI) 1.8.6
[i386-mswin32] has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I'm using .NET 2.0 and when I write normal ruby application and use
RubyCLR, everything works fine.