programmatically associate a file extension

Kumar Ca

How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
using Ruby.

Please send information regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,
kumar

Jano Svitok

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca <kumar.anul@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
> using Ruby.
>
> Please send information regarding this.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> kumar

if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/...

Kumar Ca

Jano Svitok wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca <kumar.anul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
>> using Ruby.
>>
>> Please send information regarding this.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> kumar
>
> if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.
>
> http://www.ss64.com/nt/...

Thanks a lot

please give procedure for linux

Phillip Gawlowski

Tim Hunter

Kumar Ca wrote:
> Jano Svitok wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca <kumar.anul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
>>> using Ruby.
>>>
>>> Please send information regarding this.
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>> kumar
>>
>> if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.
>>
>> http://www.ss64.com/nt/...
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> please give procedure for linux

Linux does not use a "file extension" to associate a program with a
file. Instead, scripts typically have a "shebang" line at the top. This
is a comment to the script but, if it is present, the shell will use it
to determine what program to execute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...(Unix)

Julian Leviston

In which operating system?

It's non-trivial.

LOL

Learn Ruby on Rails! Check out the FREE VIDS (for a limited time)
VIDEO #3 out NOW!
http://sensei.ze...