CSV headers and time conversion

Ronald Steckly

So maybe I spoke too soon when I said I had the csv part of this handled.
I've read the FasterCSV docs and, for the life of me, can't figure out how
to return values by header. Here's the script:

require 'rubygems'
require 'fastercsv'

a=FasterCSV.table("\/Users\/ron\/snlusgam.csv").by_col

b=a.['header_name']

puts b

I know this isn't right, but I can't seem to find in the documentation how
to return an array of values from a particular column header.

Has anybody done this?

Thanks,

Ron

1 Answer

James Gray

On Apr 1, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Ronald Steckly wrote:

> So maybe I spoke too soon when I said I had the csv part of this =20
> handled.

No worries, we'll fix you up=85

> I've read the FasterCSV docs and, for the life of me, can't figure =20
> out how to return values by header. Here's the script:
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'fastercsv'
>
> a=3DFasterCSV.table("\/Users\/ron\/snlusgam.csv").by_col
>
> b=3Da.['header_name']

b =3D a[:header_name]

> puts b

By default, table() converts field names to Symbols for super easy =20
access.

Hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II=