Exception Loops

Jeff Miller

4/2/2008 1:19:00 AM

Hello,
I have an exception statement that needs to loop if it fails...
something like this:

begin
contacts_folder = session.GetDefaultFolder(5)
rescue Exception
else
blah blah blah
end

any suggestions?

Thanks!!
- Jeff

Joel VanderWerf

Jeff Miller wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an exception statement that needs to loop if it fails...
> something like this:
>
> begin
> contacts_folder = session.GetDefaultFolder(5)
> rescue Exception
> else
> blah blah blah
> end
>
> any suggestions?

Easy, use retry:

begin
contacts_folder = session.GetDefaultFolder(5)
rescue Exception => ex
puts ex
unless $tried
$tried = true
retry

__END__

Output:

undefined local variable or method `session' for main:Object
undefined local variable or method `session' for main:Object

Tim Hunter

Jeff Miller wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an exception statement that needs to loop if it fails...
> something like this:
>
> begin
> contacts_folder = session.GetDefaultFolder(5)
> rescue Exception
> else
> blah blah blah
> end
>
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!!
> - Jeff

retry?

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.ruby...
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.ruby...rmagick2.html

Jeff Miller

thanks guys, thats what I was looking for

Dan Christensen

On Apr 29, 2:07 pm, PL <pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:
> On 29/04/2011 20:02, CubaFAQ wrote:
>
> Dan Christensen wrote

You use my name, I use yours, Paul Lamot. Get used to it.

> > On Apr 29, 1:15 pm, PL<pl.nos...@pandora.be>  wrote:
> >> See:
> >> MIEMBROS DE LA RESISTENCIA INTERNA CUBANA IMPULSAN PUNTOS DE ACCIÓN POR
> >> LA LIBERTADhttp://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/miembros-de-la-resistencia......
>
> >> (Translation to English available on the site thanks to Cubafaq)
>
> >> List of 584 Cuban dissidents supporting the declaration:http://www.miscelaneasdecuba.net/media/Web1/Apoyo%20dentro%......
>
> > 584??? Where did they find them?
>
> (snip)
>
> Lots more in Cuba.

Bullshit. Their only real "job" seems to be mugging for the
international press corp in Havana. They certainly don't seem to be
demonstrating much leadership among the masses. (According to your
man, Farrar. See my previous posting). Just look at your own postings
here. And at Google News. In the mainstream media, you will only see
about 4 or 5 of your di$$ident pals getting ink on a regular basis.
What are the rest of these supposed 584 doing? Nothing, it would seem.
They are just names on a list.

> How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.

Why don't you tell us, Paul Lamot?

> The list (call them if you are in doubt)

Better still, why don't you go through the list and show us even 10
who have any kind of profile at all in the international media? We
know they don't have any in Cuba.

> The real Cubafaq site of the man Dan Christensen is imitating.
> Don't be fooled by his new "identity":http://cubafaq....

See what remains of PL's original cubafaq site at: http://cubafaq.wordp...

As you can see there, his abusive website was axed by WordPress for
violations of the terms of service. He was forced to relocate with his
old, ahem... "business partners." No doubt, his new provider will turn
a blind eye to PL's abusive behavior, if not actually encourage it.

PL's latest version of his cheap, imitation cubafaq site is still
nothing of the sort. It is just another of his instant, copy-and-paste
website. There is no actual answers to any Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQ's) anywhere, just copyrighted news articles that are readily
available from other sources like Google News. No original material
whatsoever. Apparently, PL is reposting the same shit 6 times over (or
more) every day to fill what seems to be some kind of quota. What a
loser! (See "PL's cheap, imitation cubafaq site axed for violation of
terms of service" at
https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/364a042eb268...
)

On the other hand, my CubaFAQ website -- the real thing -- is full of
original material including, yes, actual answers to Frequently Asked
Questions! To see why, after 10 years, it STILL driving the ever-
desperate lobbyist Paul Lamot to such extremes, visit my website at
its new home: http://www3.sympatico.ca/danchristienses/Cu...
(previously for nearly 10 years at: http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/Cu...)

Dan

PL

On 29/04/2011 20:53, CubaFAQ wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2:07 pm, PL<pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:
>> On 29/04/2011 20:02, CubaFAQ wrote:
>>
>> Dan Christensen wrote
>>

> You use my name,(snip)

In fact I use the mae you used for the last 12 years and continue to use.
Just want the same respect from you blackamiler dan Christesen.

>>> 584??? Where did they find them?
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> Lots more in Cuba.
>
> Bullshit.(snip)
Your lies don't change the facts Dan Christensen

>> How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.
>
> Why don't you tell us,(snip)

Wouldn't knwow.
MDR

>> The list (call them if you are in doubt)
>>

> Better still
(snip)

Thanks for showing you can't refute any of this as usual Dan Christensen.

Lots more in Cuba.
How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.

The list (call them if you are in doubt)

See:
MIEMBROS DE LA RESISTENCIA INTERNA CUBANA IMPULSAN PUNTOS DE ACCI?N POR
LA LIBERTAD
http://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/miembros-de-la-resistencia...ubana-impulsan-puntos-de-accion-por-la-libertad/

(Translation to English available on the site thanks to Cubafaq)

List of 584 Cuban dissidents supporting the declaration:
http://www.miscelaneasdecuba.net/media/Web1/Apoyo%20dentro%...a%20para%20documento%20Todos%20Somos%20Resistencia%2028%20abril%202011.pdf

Even in diplomatic cable you refer to he praises the new generation and
recently since then new leaders and a unified structure are emerging.
What has gone on are the awards that constantly have been given to the
Cuban dissident movement.

"Blogger Claudia Cadelo Speaks for Cuba's Younger Generation
April 26, 2011
by Erik Silk"

http://cubafaq..../2011/04/blogger-claudia-cadelo-speaks-for-cubas-younger-g...

Unification is on the way:
"La disidencia necesita "un solo cuerpo""
http://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/la-disidencia-necesita-un-so...

On Cuba's dissidents (praised by all and supported both within Cuba and
abroad)
http://los75.i...
http://cubadissident.i...

On the repression
http://cubarepresion.i...
http://cubatortura.i...
http://cubasde.i...
http://cubacdr.i...
http://actoderepudio.i...

The real Cubafaq site of the man Dan Christensen is imitating.
Don't be fooled by his new "identity":
http://cubafaq....

EXPOSING DAN CHRISTENSEN'S PERSONAL SLANDEROUS ATTACK ON ME AND CUBAFAQ

Each of us (unknowingly) influences the ads wee see online.
We decide which sites we visit. They provide the contextual element of
the ad selection.
Past browsing behavior as laid down in cookies and other tracking
systems is also a determining factor is the selection of ads: the
historical element.

The site owner as a rule selects the standard "image and text" ad, the
color and the size.
The image or text ad shown is a combination of "contextual" elements
(what is on the site - in the case of Cubafaq's site: news about Cuba)
and "historical" elements that are based on your browsing behavior as
reflected in your cookies.

For example: a man that visits lots of sites on fishing will be targeted
with information on fishing trips / opportunities in Canada when he goes
to a Canadian travel site.

A person with a "historical" record (or open sites of a certain
nature)is more likely to get certain ads than others.
It is of course not a perfect system, but Google has a solid reputation
for its ads strategies and techniques. Some people are clearly more
likely to be targeted with a certain type of ads than others who have no
supporting historical base.

So blaming others for content provided to you by Google Adsense based on
your choices of current and past visits of sites is hypocrite Dan
Christensen.

Do you now understand why you ridiculed yourself here again, Dan.
Don't blame others for your debacle: you slanderous campaign of personal
attacks brought you this. Your continued attacks will bring you more
ridicule.

See:

"A while back, Google AdSense migrated from purely contextual
advertising to historical advertising. I didn't notice until I visited
the Economist web site, once. Since then, it feels like 50% of the web
is trying to get me to subscribe!

The difference is clearly illustrated on the screen capture. On the
left, page visited using Google Chrome, my regular browser on my home
computer. On the right, IE 9 beta, which I rarely use.

There are a couple of problems with the historical, cookie based
advertising. The main one is that I already subscribe to both The
Economist and Netflix! The second is if I click on The Economist one, it
bring me to an offer for Americans only!"

http://altavistagoogle.blogspot.com/2011/01/impact-of-cookies-on-google-ad...

Some advice to all:
- clean your cookies and browsing history. Note that that will remove
the "visited site list" in your browser and may force you to log in
again on certain sites.
- use safe connections while browsing like https://encrypted.g...
Lots of add-ons are available to protect your privacy

The two above will suffice for most people. Beyond that there are a
series of other others, but I don't want to show my hand too much.

Having been the target of numerous - both "cyber" and "verbal" - attacks
I kind of learned to protect myself.
Let's see what Dan Christensen's next attack brings.
If none this post closes that matter for me.

PS: You are such a pompous asshole Dan Christensen.

On Apr 29, 3:02 pm, PL <pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:
> On 29/04/2011 20:53, CubaFAQ wrote:
>
> > On Apr 29, 2:07 pm, PL<pl.nos...@pandora.be>  wrote:
> >> On 29/04/2011 20:02, CubaFAQ wrote:
>
> >> Dan Christensen wrote
>
> > You use my name,(snip)
>
> In fact I use the mae you used for the last 12 years and continue to use.
> Just want the same respect from you blackamiler dan Christesen.

You don't deserve respect, Paul Lamot, but if you stop using my name,
I will stop using yours.

> >> (snip)
>
> >> Lots more in Cuba.
>
> > Bullshit.(snip)

What the cowardly Paul Lamot snipped:

Bullshit. Their only real "job" seems to be mugging for the
international press corp in Havana. They certainly don't seem to be
demonstrating much leadership among the masses. (According to your
man, Farrar. See my previous posting). Just look at your own postings
here. And at Google News. In the mainstream media, you will only see
about 4 or 5 of your di$$ident pals getting ink on a regular basis.
What are the rest of these supposed 584 doing? Nothing, it would seem.
They are just names on a list.

> Your lies don't change the facts Dan Christensen

Your denials won't change the facts, Paul Lamot.

> >> How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.
>
> > Why don't you tell us,(snip)
>
> Wouldn't knwow.
> MDR

Still denial, I see.

> >> The list (call them if you are in doubt)
>
> > Better still
>
> (snip)

What the cowardly Paul Lamot snipped:

Better still, why don't you go through the list and show us even 10
who have any kind of profile at all in the international media? We
know they don't have any in Cuba.

> Thanks for showing you can't refute any of this as usual Dan Christensen.

[snip]

Huh? But thanks for confirming there aren't even 10 actual
"dissidents" on your list -- never mind 584!

> The real Cubafaq site of the man Dan Christensen is imitating.

See what remains of PL's original cubafaq site at: http://cubafaq.wordp...
As you can see there, his abusive website was axed by WordPress for
violations of the terms of service. He was forced to relocate with his
old, ahem... "business partners." No doubt, his new provider will turn
a blind eye to PL's abusive behavior, if not actually encourage it.

PL's latest version of his cheap, imitation cubafaq site is still
nothing of the sort. It is just another of his instant, copy-and-paste
website. There is no actual list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
anywhere, just copyrighted news articles that are readily available
from other sources like Google News. No original material whatsoever.
Apparently, PL is reposting the same shit 6 times over (or more) every
day to fill what seems to be some kind of quota. What a loser! (See
"PL's cheap, imitation cubafaq site axed for violation of terms of
service" at
https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/364a042eb268...
)

On the other hand, my CubaFAQ website -- the real thing -- is full of
original material including, yes, actual answers to Frequently Asked
Questions! To see why, after 10 years, it is STILL driving the ever-
desperate lobbyist Paul Lamot to such extremes, visit my website at
its new home: http://www3.sympatico.ca/danchristienses/Cu...
(previously for nearly 10 years at: http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/Cu...)

Dan
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at its new home:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/danchristienses/Cu...
(The original CubaFAQ website. Don't be fooled by PL's cheap
imitations.)

PS: As an antidote to each of PL's venomous personal attacks here, and
to his lies and evasions on everything from his lobbying exploits to
the international condemnation of his beloved embargo, see: "PL's same
tired old lies and evasions EXPOSED" at
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/36c96cf26743...
Also, see: "Amnesty International slams US embargo... AGAIN!" at
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.cuba/browse_frm/thread/98fc46eed826e79b/64c519418e0ca6c6?hl=en&q=#64c519...

PL

On 29/04/2011 21:39, CubaFAQ wrote:
Dan Christensen wrote

> On Apr 29, 3:02 pm, PL<pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:

>>> You use my name,(snip)
>>
>> In fact I use the mae you used for the last 12 years and continue to use.
>> Just want the same respect from you blackmailer dan Christensen.
>
> You don't deserve respect,
(snip)
You are the slanderous blackmailer Dan Christensen.

Thanks for showing you can't refute any of this as usual Dan Christensen.

Lots more in Cuba.
How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.

The list (call them if you are in doubt)

See:
MIEMBROS DE LA RESISTENCIA INTERNA CUBANA IMPULSAN PUNTOS DE ACCI?N POR
LA LIBERTAD
http://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/miembros-de-la-resistencia-interna-cubana-impulsan-puntos-de-accion-por-la...

(Translation to English available on the site thanks to Cubafaq)

List of 584 Cuban dissidents supporting the declaration:
http://www.miscelaneasdecuba.net/media/Web1/Apoyo%20dentro%20de%20Cuba%20para%20documento%20Todos%20Somos%20Resistencia%2028%20abril%...

[...]

On Apr 29, 5:24 pm, PL <pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:

[snipping portions of PL's posting already debunked here, or just too
lame to bother with]

> >> In fact I use the mae you used for the last 12 years and continue to use.
> >> Just want the same respect from you blackmailer dan Christensen.
>
> > You don't deserve respect,
>
> (snip)
> You are the slanderous blackmailer Dan Christensen.

You are the blackmailer, Paul Lamot. You have repeatedly threatened:
"You stop all lies, spam and insults [i.e. stop posting any
inconvenient truths] and there is no more 'Dan Christensen.'"

You will not silence me with your blackmail and threats, Paul Lamot.

> Thanks for showing you can't refute any of this as usual Dan Christensen.

As you yourself have confirmed, there are not even 10 actual
"dissidents" on your list.

> Lots more in Cuba.
> The list (call them if you are in doubt)
>
> See:
> MIEMBROS DE LA RESISTENCIA INTERNA CUBANA IMPULSAN PUNTOS DE ACCIÓN POR
> LA LIBERTADhttp://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/miembros-de-la-resistencia......

I see only one person named there, and even he is not on the list. Can
you even find ONE "dissident" on your list with any kind of
international profile? We know that not even the top ones have any
public profile in Cuba, according to your man, Farrar. (My previous
posting.)

The rest of Paul Lamot's pathetic posting has already been debunked
here (see my previous posting) or is just too lame to bother with.

Dan
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at its new home:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/danchristienses/Cu...
(The original CubaFAQ website. Don't be fooled by PL's cheap
imitations.)

PS: As an antidote to each of PL's venomous personal attacks here, and
to his lies and evasions on everything from his lobbying exploits to
the international condemnation of his beloved embargo, see: "PL's same
tired old lies and evasions EXPOSED" at
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/36c96cf26743...
Also, see: "Amnesty International slams US embargo... AGAIN!" at
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.cuba/browse_frm/thread/98fc46eed826e79b/64c519418e0ca6c6?hl=en&q=#64c519...

PL

List of 584 Cuban dissidents supporting the declaration:
http://www.miscelaneasdecuba.net/media/Web1/Apoyo%20dentro%20de%20Cuba%20para%20documento%20Todos%20Somos%20Resistencia%2028%20abril%...

On 30/04/2011 0:10, CubaFAQ wrote:
Dan Christensen wrote

I don't blackmail anyone Dan Christensen.
You have yourself stated that you have used this name for 13 years.
With what am I "blackmailing" you then?

You claim I violate your privacy while you yourself as "Dan
Christensen", "DCproof " and "Cubafaq" have constantly been stating and
confirming that the one speaking is Mr. Dan Christensen.
Even your use of DCproof to attack me an its links to your website
http://www.d... was stupid as hell. But you did it Dan and even
your attempts to wipe the data in Google Groups doesn't help you as the
messages are recorded on thousands of other servers.

Me referring to your previous handle of "Dan Christensen" - a fact you
have confirmed - is in no way violating privacy. Iy is stating the same
as you do which is the opposite of what which you blackmail me with.

You did not protect your privacy in any way for the last 13 years. You
even posted allowed pictures of you and your wife posted. How could you
be so irresponsible if you were playing your abusive Games, Dan?
Did you really think nobody would make any connections?

(snip)

Same crap, same reply

Thanks for showing you can't refute any of this as usual Dan Christensen.

Lots more in Cuba.
How does it feel to get your lying butt kicked again.

The list (call them if you are in doubt)

See:
MIEMBROS DE LA RESISTENCIA INTERNA CUBANA IMPULSAN PUNTOS DE ACCI?N POR
LA LIBERTAD
http://dhcuba.impela.net/2011/04/miembros-de-la-resistencia-interna-cubana-impulsan-puntos-de-accion-por-la...

(Translation to English available on the site thanks to Cubafaq)

List of 584 Cuban dissidents supporting the declaration:
[...]

The cowardly blackmailer/apologist, Paul Lamot, has simply snipped my
reply in its entirety and repeated himself word-for-word. It wasn't
just me -- apparently, Paul Lamot himself could not find even ONE real
"dissident" on his list of 584 names.

It has been one of those weeks, hasn't it, Paul Lamot? Get back to us
when you are man enough to face up to the issues here.