Last Day for Ruby Mendicant Donations

Gregory Brown

3/31/2008 4:24:00 PM

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that if you'd like to donate to the Ruby Mendicant
project, donations are closing on April 1st, so today is the last day
to make a contribution.

http://pledgie.com/cam...

Right now, Pledgie is showing $5000, which means that we've hit Ruby
Central's ceiling for donation matching. I am overwhelmed by the
support I've seen for this project, and hope that it benefits the
community in a big way.

If you've already donated, thank you so much! If you've been thinking
about it but haven't pledged yet, please act now. :)

Whether or not you've donated, please feel free to get involved in the
discussion about the project... we are currently pretty close to
deciding where I'll focus my work, but more community input is
welcome!

http://groups.google.com/group/rubymendicant/browse_thread/thread/ffa67e...

I'll have an announcement out soon with details about what I'll be
working on.

-greg

-greg

2 Answers

Bil Kleb

Gregory Brown wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi.

> Just a reminder that if you'd like to donate to the Ruby Mendicant
> project, donations are closing on April 1st, so today is the last day
> to make a contribution.
>
> http://pledgie.com/cam...

I'm such a sucker for these things and Paypal is sooo painless:
I just pledged some more...

Regards,
--
http://twitter.co...

Gregory Brown

On Mar 31, 12:44 pm, Bil Kleb <Bil.K...@NASA.gov> wrote:
> Gregory Brown wrote:
> > Hi folks,
>
> Hi.
>
> > Just a reminder that if you'd like to donate to the RubyMendicant
> > project, donations are closing on April 1st, so today is the last day
> > to make a contribution.
>
> >http://pledgie.com/cam...
>
> I'm such a sucker for these things and Paypal is sooo painless:
> I just pledged some more...

Sweet Bil. Thanks so much for your support.

Donations are now closed, combined with the $500 donation that'll be
mailed to me from Mountain West Ruby Conference, and the matching from
RubyCentral, I will be able to work for a total of 22 weeks!

-greg