Instant Messenger??

Pat Kiatchaipipat

3/31/2008 12:54:00 PM

Hello. I want use Ruby to make Instant Messenger. Where can I study
about how to make it?? It can possible to make??

thank you for the answer :')

Gregory Seidman

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 09:54:09PM +0900, Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
> Hello. I want use Ruby to make Instant Messenger. Where can I study
> about how to make it?? It can possible to make??

gem install ruburple
http://rubyforge.org/projects...

> thank you for the answer :')
--Greg

Pat Kiatchaipipat

thank you! where is tutorial of ruburple?? :)

Gregory Seidman

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:11:54PM +0900, Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
> thank you! where is tutorial of ruburple?? :)

I know of no tutorial. Google for information. Read the README. Dig around.
I figured it out when I was doing stuff with it some time ago, and I think
I posted some sample code some months back.

--Greg

Pat Kiatchaipipat

I try to install but I can't it show me an error message.

Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install ruburple -y
checking for pkg-config... no
extconf failure: pkg-config needed
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=c:/ruby/bin/ruby

Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruburple-0.0.8
for inspection.
Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruburple-0.0.8/ext/gem_make.out

How can I install pkg-config?? I use window xp and can't apt-get like
linux :'(

Gregory Seidman

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:13:01PM +0900, Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
> I try to install but I can't it show me an error message.
>
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
> Building native extensions. This could take a while...
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> ruby extconf.rb install ruburple -y
> checking for pkg-config... no
> extconf failure: pkg-config needed
[...]
> How can I install pkg-config?? I use window xp and can't apt-get like
> linux :'(

I don't use Windows. Maybe someone else can help you.

--Greg