Win MoNeY Online

Asdas Safasf

3/22/2008 10:43:00 AM

Make money online:the first thing you have to do is to enter:
http://bux.to/?r... register then start making money by
clicking on surf ads and visit sites from the list for 30s, for each
site that you visit you receive 0.01$.The secret for making serious
money is to gather referrals which are users that register on bux.to
using the link you gave them...so for each site they visit both you and
them win these money......Make notice that this is one of the few sites
that really pay you the money you earn...all you need is a VISA
card....good luck...PS: if you want to know a good trick of how to make
money easier take my messenger id:costel333.

Gerry

On 2014-02-12 16:45:08 +0000, jaz said:

> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41:28 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> My thoughts were that it sound very similar to any other similar
>> archtop with tone at 100%. to get a darker sound out of that guitar you
>> certainly needed to roll the tone off. the beauty of that pu placement
>> was that it *could* get dark w/out getting boomy. priceless to me. I am
>> gonna look for another :)
>
> I wonder if you have some high freq loss because that tone is bright to
> me. Even a stock 175 (which I also think is somewhat bright) is much
> darker than that.
> It's certainly much brighter than any archtop I have.
>
> And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the harmonic
> structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get a great,
> mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.

Interesting. What would be a real "ar opener" is to have a pickup on
an track and be able to move it continuously everywhere from the bottom
of the neck to the bridge. Sure would tell you something about how
dramatic the sound variation is. And if it is that dramatic, you'd
think every guitar player would already have one!
--
Those who wish to sing always find a song. -- Swedish proverb

Tim McNamara

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:26:32 -0800, Gerry <address@domain.com> wrote:
> On 2014-02-12 16:45:08 +0000, jaz said:
>
>> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41:28 AM UTC-5,
>> cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> My thoughts were that it sound very similar to any other similar
>>> archtop with tone at 100%. to get a darker sound out of that guitar
>>> you certainly needed to roll the tone off. the beauty of that pu
>>> placement was that it *could* get dark w/out getting boomy.
>>> priceless to me. I am gonna look for another :)
>>
>> I wonder if you have some high freq loss because that tone is bright
>> to me. Even a stock 175 (which I also think is somewhat bright) is
>> much darker than that. It's certainly much brighter than any archtop
>> I have.
>>
>> And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the
>> harmonic structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get
>> a great, mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.
>
> Interesting. What would be a real "ar opener" is to have a pickup on
> an track and be able to move it continuously everywhere from the
> bottom of the neck to the bridge. Sure would tell you something about
> how dramatic the sound variation is. And if it is that dramatic,
> you'd think every guitar player would already have one!

That sort of pickup arrangement was what Tal Farlow proposed to Gibson
at the beginning of the development of the Tal Farlow model. Gibson
nixed it.

When Bob Weir was developing his signature model with Ibanez, Jeff
Hassleberger set up the middle pickup on a slider so that Bob could
experiment with location. Once he had it nailed down, that was what was
used for the next step (but Bob's always had kind of a weird sound ever
since he stopped using his 335 in the early 70s- thin and plinky much of
the time. He sounded great on the semi-hollows especially circa 1972).

%^&*&^$$%&*&&)_

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:45:08 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41:28 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > My thoughts were that it sound very similar to any other similar archtop with tone at 100%. to get a darker sound out of that guitar you certainly needed to roll the tone off. the beauty of that pu placement was that it *could* get dark w/out getting boomy. priceless to me. I am gonna look for another :)
>

>.
>

> And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the harmonic structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get a great, mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.

LOL, IMO you can!

Jazz Guy

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 01:18:40 UTC, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:45:08 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41:28 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > > My thoughts were that it sound very similar to any other similar archtop with tone at 100%. to get a darker sound out of that guitar you certainly needed to roll the tone off. the beauty of that pu placement was that it *could* get dark w/out getting boomy. priceless to me. I am gonna look for another :)

> >.
>

> > And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the harmonic structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get a great, mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.
>

> LOL, IMO you can!

I've tried to change the tone of the bridge pickup to sound like the neck pickup using an expensive rack studio EQ, that can boost and cut frequencies.. I still couldn't get the bridge pickup to sound like the neck pickup.

Guy :-)

sheetsofsound

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:18:40 PM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:45:08 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41:28 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > > My thoughts were that it sound very similar to any other similar archtop with tone at 100%. to get a darker sound out of that guitar you certainly needed to roll the tone off. the beauty of that pu placement was that it *could* get dark w/out getting boomy. priceless to me. I am gonna look for another :)

> >.
>

> > And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the harmonic structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get a great, mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.
>

> LOL, IMO you can!

ok, I should have said if placement didn't matter you could make the bridge pickup of an L5 or 175 sound exactly like the neck pickup with a tone control adjustment. If you say "you can" to that then we're done and I'm never listening to another of your opinions on tone, LOL

%^&*&^$$%&*&&)_

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:11:50 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:18:40 PM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:

> > >.

> > > And turning the tone control doesn't fundamentally change the harmonic structure of the pickup placement. If it did, you could get a great, mellow sound out of the bridge pickup on a 175.
>

> > LOL, IMO you can!
>

> ok, I should have said if placement didn't matter you could make the bridge pickup of an L5 or 175 sound exactly like the neck pickup with a tone control adjustment. If you say "you can" to that then we're done and I'm never listening to another of your opinions on tone, LOL

Haha, you didnt say a "neck PU sound" you said a "great mellow sound" and IMO you can get a beautiful (and greatly underutilized) dark, mellow sound out of the bridge PU with the tone rolled off. I played using that configuration for years on a 335 and loved it. I can think of many others over the years that have done this as well but I encourage you not to be influenced by my opinions on tone, keep your own. I think it would be lame if we all liked the same exact things....

sheetsofsound

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:34:51 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:11:50 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:

> > > LOL, IMO you can!
>

> > ok, I should have said if placement didn't matter you could make the bridge pickup of an L5 or 175 sound exactly like the neck pickup with a tone control adjustment. If you say "you can" to that then we're done and I'm never listening to another of your opinions on tone, LOL
>

> Haha, you didnt say a "neck PU sound" you said a "great mellow sound" and IMO you can get a beautiful (and greatly underutilized) dark, mellow sound out of the bridge PU with the tone rolled off. I played using that configuration for years on a 335 and loved it. I can think of many others over the years that have done this as well but I encourage you not to be influenced by my opinions on tone, keep your own. I think it would be lame if we all liked the same exact things....

ok, now you're into subjective criteria but I agree. I have also used the middle position or even the bridge position like Pat Metheny has with his Roland guitar on 3rd wind but you're changing the subject. The point is that while you can roll off the highs of the Joe Pass pickup and arguably get a "mellow" tone, you can never get the warm sweetness of a pickup that is against the neck. Add to that the 25.5" scale and the extra 2 frets and the pickup is almost in the mid position.

Not saying it can't sound good and it obviously does in the video I posted but i don't think it's inherently a good design for traditional jazz tones.

%^&*&^$$%&*&&)_

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:47:10 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:
> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:34:51 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > ok, I should have said if placement didn't matter you could make the bridge pickup of an L5 or 175 sound exactly like the neck pickup with a tone control adjustment. If you say "you can" to that then we're done and I'm never listening to another of your opinions on tone, LOL
>

> > Haha, you didnt say a "neck PU sound" you said a "great mellow sound" and IMO you can get a beautiful (and greatly underutilized) dark, mellow sound out of the bridge PU with the tone rolled off. I played using that configuration for years on a 335 and loved it. I can think of many others over the years that have done this as well but I encourage you not to be influenced by my opinions on tone, keep your own. I think it would be lame if we all liked the same exact things....
>

> ok, now you're into subjective criteria but I agree. I have also used the middle position or even the bridge position like Pat Metheny has with his Roland guitar on 3rd wind but you're changing the subject. The point is that while you can roll off the highs of the Joe Pass pickup and arguably get a "mellow" tone, you can never get the warm sweetness of a pickup that is against the neck. Add to that the 25.5" scale and the extra 2 frets and the pickup is almost in the mid position.
>

> Not saying it can't sound good and it obviously does in the video I posted but i don't think it's inherently a good design for traditional jazz tones.

OK, I may has misunderstood the premise of the current discussions.....most seemed (in my mind) to contend that the sound of the jp20 was too bright to get a "good" sound. I would never say the JP20 pu placement sounds the same as flush/neck....obviously it does not. I'm just saying it sounds great in it's own right....just different....This is *highly* subjective material we are discussing although it is a given that the closer the PU is to the bridge the brighter the sound.

sheetsofsound

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:01:20 AM UTC-5, cjenki...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:47:10 AM UTC-5, jaz wrote:

> > > Haha, you didnt say a "neck PU sound" you said a "great mellow sound" and IMO you can get a beautiful (and greatly underutilized) dark, mellow sound out of the bridge PU with the tone rolled off. I played using that configuration for years on a 335 and loved it. I can think of many others over the years that have done this as well but I encourage you not to be influenced by my opinions on tone, keep your own. I think it would be lame if we all liked the same exact things....
>

> > ok, now you're into subjective criteria but I agree. I have also used the middle position or even the bridge position like Pat Metheny has with his Roland guitar on 3rd wind but you're changing the subject. The point is that while you can roll off the highs of the Joe Pass pickup and arguably get a "mellow" tone, you can never get the warm sweetness of a pickup that is against the neck. Add to that the 25.5" scale and the extra 2 frets and the pickup is almost in the mid position.
>

> > Not saying it can't sound good and it obviously does in the video I posted but i don't think it's inherently a good design for traditional jazz tones.
>

> OK, I may has misunderstood the premise of the current discussions.....most seemed (in my mind) to contend that the sound of the jp20 was too bright to get a "good" sound. I would never say the JP20 pu placement sounds the same as flush/neck....obviously it does not. I'm just saying it sounds great in it's own right....just different....This is *highly* subjective material we are discussing although it is a given that the closer the PU is to the bridge the brighter the sound.

ok, now we agree. I think you can get a great sound out of that guitar too albeit somewhat different than the typical, dark, smokey '60s tone.

Paul

On 2/13/2014 7:01 AM, cjenkinsjazz@gmail.com wrote:

> This is *highly* subjective material we are discussing

Yeah, no shit. Fuck all this hollow body shit!

Get a REAL guitar: The Almighty Stratocaster.

Throw your other guitars into the fireplace!

:)