Xoftspy serial

daaphnecherry

3/19/2008 5:27:00 PM

Download xoftspy serial

http://serials.00bp.com/xoftspys...
5 Answers

TareeDawg

Terry wrote:

> I got them all, but had trouble finding the correct spelling for
> Evgeny, Falletta and Sargent.

I failed to spell Sargent correctly. Sarjeant, Sargeant ... I gave up
the ghost on this one. Silly name anyway. ;)

Also failed on the opry conductor. 23.5/25 ain't too bad.

Ray Hall, Taree

Bill Baldwin

Ray Hall <raymond.hall1@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>>
>> I got them all, but had trouble finding the correct spelling for
>> Evgeny, Falletta and Sargent.

The quiz accepts last names only, so you actually didn't have to fiddle
with (Y)evgeny. I know, I know. NOW I tell you. It's Sporcle (and Jeopardy)
convention and we just figure everyone knows already. If you specified the
first name, the quiz was prepared to accept any combination of
Evgeny/Yevgeny with Mravinsky/Mravinski. You also could've typed
Mvravinskii and, unless you're a VERY fast typist, that would've worked. It
would've grabbed the Mravinski and declared you right before you had a
chance to type the final i.

I haven't seen the first name spelled Evgeni or Yevgeni, but I probably
should include those possibillities.

Similarly, the quiz would've taken any combination of JoAnn/JoAnne and
Falletta/Faletta/Falleta. (Capitalization, of course, wouldn't matter.)

> I failed to spell Sargent correctly. Sarjeant, Sargeant ... I gave up
> the ghost on this one. Silly name anyway. ;)

Ha! The only variant I thought to include was Sergeant. I suppose that
could be cruel to people thinking, "I don't know how it's spelled. All I
know is it ISN'T spelled like the military rank!"

Oh, the quiz also would've accepted "Flash Harry," of course.

> Also failed on the opry conductor. 23.5/25 ain't too bad.

I definitely couldn't have identified Bonynge on sight before making this
quiz. It was hard to even find a picture of him that met my requirements--
recognizable when resized to 480 pixels high and actually in the act of
conducting. Most Bonynge pics seemed to be publicity stills with him making
eye contact with the camera and looking like George Hamilton with a perm.

I was quite happy with the picture I eventually found. It included Joan
Sutherland, his wife, which I hoped would help some people.

Matthew B. Tepper

Terry <tlsterry@tpgi.com.au> appears to have caused the following letters
to be typed in news:150220141506164975%tlsterry@tpgi.com.au:

> In article <ab384827-bec3-4190-99f0-301f15233c92@googlegroups.com>,
> MIFrost <sfrost2@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:07:42 AM UTC-5, Bill Baldwin wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyway, I thought you lot might be interested in a Name That Conductor
>> > quiz I put together for Sporcle. It's the first of a projected 5-quiz
>> > series:
>> >
>> > <http://www.sporcle.com/games/opusthepenguin/name-that-condu...
>> > show>
>>
>> I am afraid to admit I got only 16 out of 25. Am I still welcome to
>> read the newsgroup here? :-)
>
> I got them all, but had trouble finding the correct spelling for Evgeny,
> Falletta and Sargent.

But hey, you got Knappertsbusch on the first try, right?

I got all 25, though I admit I didn't recognize Hogwood and had to go by
his repertoire, and I kept trying to spell Serafin as "D E S A B A T A."
I'm not as fast as I used to be; it took me all of 10:58.

Oh, and by the way, quack. I'm still here, but haven't been looking in on
the group so often these days, as I got married last June.

The person I really miss is John Harkness, who died a few years ago.

--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/...

Bill Baldwin

"Matthew B. Tepper" <oy?@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Oh, and by the way, quack. I'm still here, but haven't been looking
> in on the group so often these days, as I got married last June.

Well congratulations and mazel tov!

> The person I really miss is John Harkness, who died a few years ago.

Oh dear. I'm afraid it's been so long I only remember his name. Individual
characteristics have more or less faded away. I'm left with a vague memory
of RMCR as a single, delightful, jumbled, quirky, schizoid personality. I'm
sure John Harkness is in that mix, for which I'm grateful to him and
saddened at the loss.

Matthew B. Tepper

Bill Baldwin <REMOVEwjbaldwin2THIS@gmail.com> appears to have caused the

> "Matthew B. Tepper" <oy?@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Oh, and by the way, quack. I'm still here, but haven't been looking
>> in on the group so often these days, as I got married last June.
>
> Well congratulations and mazel tov!

Thank you! One of the side effects is that I rarely contribute here now.

>> The person I really miss is John Harkness, who died a few years ago.
>
> Oh dear. I'm afraid it's been so long I only remember his name.
> Individual characteristics have more or less faded away. I'm left with a
> vague memory of RMCR as a single, delightful, jumbled, quirky, schizoid
> personality. I'm sure John Harkness is in that mix, for which I'm
> grateful to him and saddened at the loss.

I only learned after his death that he had been a major film critic, at
least in Canada.