Scruffy - how to assign SVG Builder object

Jack Richardson

3/18/2008 8:45:00 AM

hi

I'm trying to render rectangles and lines. Right now I'm using
Scruffy::Layers::Base to render, but the method

draw(svg,coords,options={})

is a little confusing.

"svg: a Builder object to use for creating SVG code."

Anyone has idea of what parameter to pass?
I've googled a lot but still got no answers or tutorials.

Best regards.
Kevin

Jeff

On Jun 28, 9:16 am, Ray <6sickstri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2:56 pm, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > I agree.  That is one of the reasons I don't post here much anymore.
> > > Perhaps things will change in the future.
>
> > This place has sucked from the very beginning. I'll continue to
> > be a small part of the discussions...but that's all. Too many
> > people take things too seriously, as if the world revolves
> > around them. Screw it. They can find some other sucker
> > to waste time with.- Hide quoted text -

> Do tell, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING you say?

Well, I got here in 1998, and it was a mess then.

> Because I can remember a time long long ago, when you had to dial up
> to MIT and use scripting to get on "The Internet" when usenet was
> actully MOSTLY civil. I think it all started to go to hell with a war
> between the alt.tasteless group and the very serious and ernest folks
> at rec.pets.cats... the beginning of the mess we have now. It seemed
> funny at the time.

It must have been prior to 1998. Yeah, I think I've seen some
of those postings you refer to, and I agree. It was much
different.

6SickStrings@gmail.com

On Jun 29, 10:23 pm, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 9:16 am, Ray <6sickstri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This place has sucked from the very beginning. I'll continue to
> > > be a small part of the discussions...but that's all. Too many
> > > people take things too seriously, as if the world revolves
> > > around them. Screw it. They can find some other sucker
> > > to waste time with.- Hide quoted text -

> > Do tell, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING you say?
>
> Well, I got here in 1998, and it was a mess then.
>

> > Because I can remember a time long long ago, when you had to dial up
> > to MIT and use scripting to get on "The Internet" when usenet was
> > actully MOSTLY civil. I think it all started to go to hell with a war
> > between the alt.tasteless group and the very serious and ernest folks
> > at rec.pets.cats... the beginning of the mess we have now. It seemed
> > funny at the time.
>
> It must have been prior to 1998. Yeah, I think I've seen some
> of those postings you refer to, and I agree. It was much
> different.- Hide quoted text -

I would hate to think how much time I wasted on PPP and TCP/IP and all
for access to Telnet and Usenet because they were just starting to
cook up the idea of HTML and 'web pages'. You could access NASA
mission profieles, abstracts of journal articles and stuff like that.
Pretty much boring as hell, but polite.

I remember when Temple University (my esteemed alma mater) put up a
page and I jumped right on checking that out. But first I had to find
a 'browser' and get THAT to work... then wait 45 minutes for a page to
load ... what a waste of time and money. Now I push a button on my
phone and there it is...

It all started when I was an engineer for a communications and
computer equipment company that put in a bid for something called
MILnet. I got to go to Virginia to a company called Mitre (IIRC) where
they permitted me to read and take notes fromt the technical specs,
but no photocopies or anything like that. Then they took my notes and
redacted all the good parts.

But it was too late, I had seen the future and wanted to get in on it.
Unfortunately we lost the bit for that contract or I might have
acutally helped roll the whole mess out in europe. I miss that sort of
work, it was frustrating but never dull.

The point is, when it was populated almost exclusively by educated
people the internet was a more civil place and didn't do nearly as
much to erode my faith in mankind as what we have now.