Erubis subtemplates

Christian Kerth

3/18/2008 8:31:00 AM

Is it possible to do subtemplating with erubis?

I achieved similar behaviour with ERB the following way:

template = ERB.new(File.read('template.rhtml'))

--- in the template i put the following code

<%= ERB.new(IO.read('subtemplate1'), nil, nil,
'_sub1').result(binding()) %>
<%= ERB.new(IO.read('subtemplate2'), nil, nil,
'_sub2').result(binding()) %>

---

page = template.result(binding())

As a result i get all templates mixed together.

How do i do that with erubis?

Christian Kerth

Christian Kerth wrote:
> Is it possible to do subtemplating with erubis?
>
> I achieved similar behaviour with ERB the following way:
>
> template = ERB.new(File.read('template.rhtml'))
>
> --- in the template i put the following code

> <%= ERB.new(IO.read('subtemplate1'), nil, nil,
> '_sub1').result(binding()) %>
> <%= ERB.new(IO.read('subtemplate2'), nil, nil,
> '_sub2').result(binding()) %>
>

> ---
>
> page = template.result(binding())
>
> As a result i get all templates mixed together.
>
> How do i do that with erubis?

I'm using tenjin now. It has subtemplating built in.

http://www.kuwata-lab.c...