Autodetect new RubyGem installs

jed.hurt@gmail.com

3/15/2008 3:35:00 AM

I'm using launchd on Leopard to run gem server. I can have launchd
automatically restart the gem server any time a file is updated. Is
there any one file that changes every time a gem is installed or
updated?
1 Answer

Ryan Davis

On Mar 14, 2008, at 20:34 , jHurt wrote:

> I'm using launchd on Leopard to run gem server. I can have launchd
> automatically restart the gem server any time a file is updated. Is
> there any one file that changes every time a gem is installed or
> updated?

the gem directory itself. I believe you can detect changes on that
with launchd.