will_paginate for a search

Javi Jimenez

3/14/2008 6:11:00 PM

hi!

I have been trying to use will_paginate with acts_as_ferret and it works
correctly in the first page, but nowhere else. When I try to see the
second or any other page I get a nil object error while evaluating
nil.each.

this is in the controller:

def search_results
if request.post?
@profiles = Profile.find_with_ferret params[:query], :page
=>params[:page], :per_page => 9

end

and in my view search_results.rhtml I have this:

<%= render(:partial => "shared/sidebar") %>
<% for profile in @profiles %>
<%= link_to profile.name, :controller=>'dogprofile', :action =>'show',
:id=>profile %> </td>
<%end%>
<%= will_paginate @profiles %>

As I said the first results page is ok, somehow It deletes the result
collection when tries to access to another page.

any idea please?

thanks!

Rodrigo Bermejo

This is a rails question.