[ADV] MWRC -- just 8 more days to register

pat eyler

3/7/2008 5:51:00 PM

If you've been sitting on the fence waiting to register, don't wait
any longer. There's just over one week left to get your seat, and
Engine Yard has just sweetened the deal for attendees ...

Engine Yard will be hosting a 24/7 Hackfest at MWRC 08' =96
we've got a killer suite at the Hilton, expert developers of all
varieties, and an open door policy. Hacking, Talking, TV
watching, whatever =96 there'll be good company, food and
drinks, and a great space to hang. More details to follow
closer to the conference =96 see you there=85

So, if great speakers and conference schwag weren't enough,
now you've got a chance to go and hang out with some of the
best and brightest Ruby hackers from EY as well.

This conference is just gonna rock!

--=20
thanks,
-pate
-------------------------
Duty makes us do things, Love make us do things well.
http://on-ruby.bl... http://on-erlang.bl...
http://on-soccer.bl...

5 Answers

Bovine Dragon

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 01:22:29 -0400, erimess@theymademe.net
wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:43:36 -0700 (PDT), Dalboz Dragon
><sheldon@sheldonnylander.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello, everyone in the Usenet/Google Groups section of the Ultima Dragons.
>>
>>It's been announced and scheduled in the Facebook group, so for those not there:
>>
>>Come one, come all to the Ultima Dragons 25th Anniversary Bash. It will be at
>>Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, on February 3 - February 5, 2017 (which means you
>>have a little under three years from the date of this posting to start saving and
>>make travel arrangements if necessary).
>>
>>And if that's not enough incentive, we may have a special guest:
>>https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott/status/44828462...
>>
>>The UDIC's 25th will only happen once, so be there!
>

>At least someone thought to post this here. Looks like everything's
>going on at Facebook or Twitter, which, for those of us who don't hang
>out there, is a bit sad.

I check in every few months or so. The downfall of usenet is
sad indeed.

Bovine Dragon

Spalls Hurgenson

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:13:45 -0400, Bovine Dragon
<translucent.troglodyte@gmail.com> wrote:

>I check in every few months or so. The downfall of usenet is
>sad indeed.

It's also user induced and thus can be reversed by those self-same
users.

Speaking of which: Garriot is working on a new game which is Ultima in
everything but name:

https://www.shroudofthea...

Seems to be a mix of the traditional single-player games, Ultima 9
(shudder) and Ultima Online.

Bovine Dragon

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:13:51 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:13:45 -0400, Bovine Dragon
><translucent.troglodyte@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I check in every few months or so. The downfall of usenet is
>>sad indeed.
>
>It's also user induced and thus can be reversed by those self-same
>users.

Yeah, I get that. I check in much more often with a group I
was more heavily involved in 10 years ago, but part of the
issue also is the lack of new participants, and the disaster
which is Google Groups that brings in most newbies. No one
lasts long with that interface.

>Speaking of which: Garriot is working on a new game which is Ultima in
>everything but name:
>
>https://www.shroudofthea...
>
>Seems to be a mix of the traditional single-player games, Ultima 9
>(shudder) and Ultima Online.

UW1 was my late night life for months. I never liked any
other interface nearly as well, so I'm rather enthused about
their efforts.

Bovine
--
TT
New installation, no snarky or illuminating quote transferred as yet.

Spalls Hurgenson

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:02:09 -0400, Bovine Dragon
<translucent.troglodyte@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:13:51 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
><spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Speaking of which: Garriot is working on a new game which is Ultima in
>>everything but name:

>>https://www.shroudofthea...

>>Seems to be a mix of the traditional single-player games, Ultima 9
>>(shudder) and Ultima Online.

>UW1 was my late night life for months. I never liked any
>other interface nearly as well, so I'm rather enthused about
>their efforts.

Well, good news: there is also a new Underworld game in development
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/01/ultim-ancestor-underworld-...

;-)

Bovine Dragon

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 08:55:14 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:02:09 -0400, Bovine Dragon
><translucent.troglodyte@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:13:51 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
>><spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>Speaking of which: Garriot is working on a new game which is Ultima in
>>>everything but name:
>
>>>https://www.shroudofthea...
>
>>>Seems to be a mix of the traditional single-player games, Ultima 9
>>>(shudder) and Ultima Online.
>
>>UW1 was my late night life for months. I never liked any
>>other interface nearly as well, so I'm rather enthused about
>>their efforts.
>

>Well, good news: there is also a new Underworld game in development
>http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/01/ultim-ancestor-underworld-...
>
>;-)

Some of the same devs, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
for it. Heck, if they did a kickstarter, I'd even throw a
few pence their way. No, I'm not in the UK, I just liked
the way it sounded.

Bovine Dragon