Monitoring a process

Bu Mihai

3/6/2008 7:19:00 PM

I want to monitor a process in windows and find the cpu and memory
usage. How can i do that?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Bu Mihai wrote:
> I want to monitor a process in windows and find the cpu and memory
> usage. How can i do that?

I don't know if there's a higher-level API, but the raw "PerfMon"
counters are stored in the Registry and can be grabbed using a Registry
reader.

Daniel Berger

Bu Mihai wrote:
> I want to monitor a process in windows and find the cpu and memory
> usage. How can i do that?

See sys-proctable.

I think the gem is broken at the moment. If you have a problem, go to
http://www.rubyforge.org/project..., download the sys-proctable
zip file and install it manually.

Regards,

Dan

jt

"Jacey Bedford" wrote

On 31/05/2014 01:11, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

>>> http://www.jaceybedford.co.uk...

>> Yes amazing. Did I mention the flying thingies reminded me of Shards of
>> Honor ?

> I'll have to read it again - I don't remember flying 'jellyfish'
> :-)

Shards of Honor ch 2, on the planet later known as Sergyar.

Radial symmetry was popular among the tiny creatures occupying the
ecological niches held by insects on Earth. Some aerial varieties resembling
gas-filled jellyfishes floated in iridescent clouds above the stream like
flocks of delicate soap bubbles, delighting Cordelia's eye.
----
A flock of a dozen or so large radials, transparent as wineglasses and fully
a foot across, came floating like a flight of lost balloons above the river.
----
???You wanted a bang? I'll give you a bang. What do you think holds those
things up????
???Hadn't thought about it. But of course it would almost have to be??????
???Hydrogen! Bet you anything those darling little chemistry sets are
electrolyzing water.
==

--
Mike D

Jacey Bedford

On 03/06/2014 20:46, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

>>> Yes amazing. Did I mention the flying thingies reminded me of Shards
>>> of Honor ?
>
>> I'll have to read it again - I don't remember flying 'jellyfish' :-)
>

> Shards of Honor ch 2, on the planet later known as Sergyar.
>
> Radial symmetry was popular among the tiny creatures occupying the
> ecological niches held by insects on Earth. Some aerial varieties
> resembling gas-filled jellyfishes floated in iridescent clouds above the
> stream like flocks of delicate soap bubbles, delighting Cordelia's eye.
> ----
> A flock of a dozen or so large radials, transparent as wineglasses and
> fully a foot across, came floating like a flight of lost balloons above
> the river.
> ----
> â??You wanted a bang? I'll give you a bang. What do you think holds those
> things up?�
> â??Hadn't thought about it. But of course it would almost have to beâ??â?
> â??Hydrogen! Bet you anything those darling little chemistry sets are
> electrolyzing water.
> ==

Bugger! Ah well, if you're going to steal, steal from the best. Good job
mine live on copper and aren't really a big part of the book. They only
get a couple of mentions, but they made for interesting cover art.

Jacey

--
jaceybedford@nospam.btinternet.com
Remove the obvious to contact me direct.

My new book is due from DAW on 4th November 2014.
Empire of Dust, A Psi-tech Novel
by Jacey Bedford

---
http://www...