testing web portals

Bu Mihai

3/4/2008 8:00:00 PM

Is there a ruby gem that can test web portal application? With Watir i
can only test simple web application, i cannot test for example portlest
from a liferay web portal.

And if i cannot test it with ruby what are tools can i use?

Tnx.

Charley Baker

There shouldn't be any reason that you can't test a web application with
Watir. I'm testing half a dozen plus web applications many of which are
quite complex with Ajax, tree controls, various popup dialogs and IE
modal dialogs.

If you have issues or questions about it, post on the Watir Google
group.

Another option would be Selenium RC which also allows you to use Ruby
among various other languages.

-Charley