scheduling a function call in ror automatically

Seena Nair

2/27/2008 12:21:00 PM

For automatically scheduling a function call at a specified time
i used a plugin BackgrounDRb but it is not creating connection for

MiddleMan.new_worker
(gives an error : Not able to connect)

Please give me any idea for above

or any new idea for scheduling an automatic method call at regular
intervals such as in an hr or a day

Brian Adkins

On Feb 27, 7:20 am, Seena Nair <seenanai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For automatically scheduling a function call at a specified time
> i used a plugin BackgrounDRb but it is not creating connection for
>
> MiddleMan.new_worker
> (gives an error : Not able to connect)
>
> Please give me any idea for above
>
> or any new idea for scheduling an automatic method call at regular
> intervals such as in an hr or a day

I just use cron to execute:

script/runner -e production 'Class.method'

works like a charm.

hemant

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Seena Nair <seenanair10@gmail.com> wrote:
> For automatically scheduling a function call at a specified time
> i used a plugin BackgrounDRb but it is not creating connection for
>
> MiddleMan.new_worker
> (gives an error : Not able to connect)
>

> Please give me any idea for above
>
> or any new idea for scheduling an automatic method call at regular
> intervals such as in an hr or a day

I am sorry, but do you expect a reasonable response for a question like this?

The Peeler

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:31:21 -0700, my personal traumatized little idiot,
now posting as FAKE Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, wrote:

> Oh, shut the fuck up finally, you pathetic fool!

ROTFLOL!!! Yep, that was the one sentence I posted for you OVER A YEAR ago,
poor traumatized little idiot!

I'm pleased to see that you still feel compelled to keep regurgitating it
endlessly! LOL

The Peeler

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:27:48 -0700, The Rectum, the resident psychopath of
sci and scj, FAKING his time zone again and IMPERSONATING his master, The
Peeler, wrote:

>>Oh, shut the fuck up finally, you pathetic fool!
>
> Still as, traumatised as, me by that one sentence innit? <GB>

Quite obviously! I just keep having that effect on stupid trolls like him
and you! LOL

psychopath, The Retard (aka "The Rectum").

The Peeler

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:11:18 +0200, The Peeler
<finishingoff@themoronicRevd.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:31:21 -0700, my personal traumatized little idiot,
>now posting as FAKE Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, wrote:
>

>> Oh, shut the fuck up finally, you pathetic fool!
>
>ROTFLOL!!! Yep, that was the one sentence you posted for me OVER A YEAR ago,
>And I'm STILL a poor traumatized little idiot!

You, ARE Grik anus! LOL