[ANN] rutema 0.5.0 Released

Vassilis Rizopoulos

2/26/2008 10:51:00 PM

rutema version 0.5.0 has been released!

Rutema provides the basis for building tools that can manage the
execution of tests as well as an example implementation as
proof-of-concept for the ideas behind it.

It's purpose is to provide a set of classes and a framework that will
allow testers to specify and execute tests in heterogeneous testing
environments.

Rutema allows you to combine tools while it takes care of logging,
reporting, archiving of results and formalizes execution of automated
and manual tests.

For more information look at http://patir.rubyforge....

## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

Changes:

## 0.5.0 / 2008-02-26
* activerecord reporter is now loaded by default (no need to require it
in the configuration file)
* bugfix: step names correctly written in the database
* The web frontend now uses Ramaze
* using patir-0.5.3 because of the chdir bugfixes
* rutema can now test itself! rutemax and rutemah return meaningful exit
codes. So there, we do it our own dogfood
* lots more documentation on usage and how to build a parser

## 0.4.3 / 2008-02-25
* fixed bug in rutemax when the activerecord reporter is used, where the
database was not created relative to the configuration entry
* fixed bug in rutemah where the report was not printed (doh!)
* added active record reporter configuration and rutemah configuration
to distro test
## 0.4.2 / 2007-12-05
* rutemah code cleaned up
* Bugfix: MinimalXMLParser now handles relative paths in command
elements correctly
* distro_test added to the gem
* Distro test documented, documentation pages updated
## 0.4.1 / 2007-12-04
* Documented MinimalXMLParser
* More debug logs
* Fixed bug in attribute checking for command steps in the minimal parser
* Fixed bug in specification parsing in the Coordinator (no specs were
returned)
* Fixed bug in the implementation of <prompt> in the minimal parser
(attended was not set)
* Fixed bug in evaluation of attended status for steps
* Fixed bug where runner would complain that attened scenarios cannot be
run in unattended mode when choosing to run only attended tests
* Added Version module to better handle versioning
## 0.4 / 2007-07-05
* rutemaweb, a web interface for the db contents added
* uses WEBRick, Camping and Ruport
* offers views on all runs in the System, detailed scenario views and
scenario-over-time views
* Runner now rescues all failures in scenarios
* Bugfix in setting status of attended scenario in unattended mode
* Better ruport usage in the historian
* rutemah added to the gem and manifest
* rutemax help message complete with commands
* split the AR reporter and the model
* expanded the unit tests

--
http://www.braveworl...

23 Answers

Carol Kinsey Goman

On 1/4/2013 8:14 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
> Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:

>>> That's not so "clear" to me. I think the wording is very simple and
>>> certainly doesn't imply any such thing.
>>
>> You're still confused. You're confusing the second amendment
>> acknowledgment of the right with the right itself. The second
>> amendment doesn't specify any limits on the right (other than the
>> justification clause "A well-regulated militia...") because it
>> doesn't *need* to specify any: the limitations, as Justice Scalia
>> noted, are inherent in the right being secured and acknowledged. The
>> founders had a very clear conception of limitations on the right,
>> going back to English law.
>>
>>> "Infringed" means pretty near anything to me.
>>
>> The I'd say you are not capable of rational analysis and equally not
>> susceptible to reasonable persuasion, because it definitely does not
>> mean "near anything." To infringe a right means to violate it, to
>> abrogate it, to transgress it.
>>
>>> Certainly requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon
>>> is clearly an infringement in my opinion.
>>
>> But your opinion is wrong. One of the inherent limits to the right to
>> keep and bear arms is, as Justice Scalia wrote in Heller, that it is
>>
>> not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any
>> manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
>>
>> You may wish it to be, but it simply isn't - and *never* was seen by
>> the framers or any legal experts to be.
>>

>>> I have carried a concealed
>>> pistol in my pocket for my entire adult life. I even flew to Europe
>>> with it in my luggage, took it out and put it in my pocket as soon
>>> as I arrived at the airport in Munich, and carried it everywhere for
>>> two weeks. When I motorcycled into Canada I hid it over my engine
>>> inside the air filter of my bike, and carried it through Banf park.
>>> Had a bear attacked me he would have gotten five .357 mags in the
>>> face, and the canadian mounted police would have arrested whatever
>>> was left of me. But I am still here, and I still occasionally carry
>>> it whenever I feel the need.
>>
>> And if you were caught and prosecuted for any of those instances, and
>> if you had tried to claim that the prosecution was wrong because your
>> right to keep and bear arms was violated, you would have lost.
>>

>>> You see, I learned how to reaqd very well from Mrs. Hughes, my
>>> fifth grade English teacher, and I don't let authority tell me what's
>>> right and what's wrong.
>>
>> Apparently you didn't learn to read for comprehension, nor to read
>> critically. What you are is called "semi-literate."
>
> You talk pretty tough, so tell me why you think your interpretation of
> the second amendment is so different from mine? Or are you one of those
> people who accept authority and let their decisions do all your thinking
> for you?

Our interpretation of the *amendment* is probably pretty much the same.
The amendment says there is a right to keep and bear arms, and says
that it shall not be infringed (by Congress.) Where we disagree is over
the nature of the right that is recognized in the amendment. The
amendment does not *create* or *confer* the right; it simply is a formal
recognition of it. You are confused about what is comprised in the
right. It is *not* an unlimited right; there are very much limits on
it. You don't like those limits, but they are there regardless.

(Mortar)

On 1/5/13 1:25 PM, Gunner wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 13:02:34 -0600, deadrat <a@b.com> wrote:

>>> Id think again about that, if I were you. That simply will not happen
>>> this time and will only end with the deaths of a few million
>>> Leftwingers
>>
>> More gun-nut world destruction fantasies of their heroics. _Red Dawn_
>> is not a documentary.
>> <snip/>
>
> Hold that thought.
>

> It might comfort you up to the moment they kick the lawn chair out
> from under your feet.
>
> Shrug
>
> Gunner

Not to worry, Gummer. If I owned a lawn chair, I wouldn't stand on it.

How's that work going on validating those bogus quotes you live your
life by? Slow going? I guess there's not much time left between bouts
of gun-blazing fantasies.

Gray Guest

deadrat <a@b.com> wrote in

> Anyone can play Rambo in cyberspace. If they come for your guns -- and
> understand that I think this is highly unlikely -- you'll meekly hand
> them over to comply with the law. Your bluster here notwithstanding.

Just because you are a spineless coward doesan't mean everyone is.

--
Refusenik #1

Libs suffer from Eleutherophobia. And there is no cure.

Obama called the SEALs and THEY got bin Laden. When the SEALs called Obama,
THEY GOT DENIED. Fuck Obama

(Mortar)

On 1/5/13 5:06 PM, Gray Guest wrote:
> deadrat <a@b.com> wrote in
>
>> Anyone can play Rambo in cyberspace. If they come for your guns -- and
>> understand that I think this is highly unlikely -- you'll meekly hand
>> them over to comply with the law. Your bluster here notwithstanding.
>>

> Just because you are a spineless coward doesan't mean everyone is.

Just because you bluster about your resolute courage doesn't mean you're
not a spineless coward.

Carol Kinsey Goman

On 1/4/2013 8:42 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
> Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:
>> On 1/3/2013 4:41 PM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>>>
>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@f?rbes.com> wrote in message

>>> See Miller, where the Supreme Court made a clear definition that
>>> still stands
>>
>> Miller contains no such "clear" definition. Miller is notorious for
>> being cited by both sides.
>
> Tsk, tsk. "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be
> infringed." How simple and obvious is that?
I'm sorry, but that's not part of Miller.

Carol Kinsey Goman

On 1/4/2013 9:07 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
> Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:
>> On 1/4/2013 2:59 PM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>>>
>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@f?rbes.com> wrote in message

>>> 1) Since I have never made such a declaration, you are projecting
>>
>> But you reject the idea that there are limits on the right, including
>> limits on type and capacity, so by unavoidable implication you fall
>> into the gang of Usenet blowhards who believe that the second
>> amendment guarantees you a right to *any* ol' arms you want. This is
>> not in dispute.
>>
>>> 2) Since most on this group have made no such declarations, you
>>> are projecting about them too
>>
>> I am following the logically necessary implications of what they say.
>>

>>> 3) So when do you think you can start describing which "arms" are
>>> covered and protected ?
>>
>> There's no "list" of "covered" arms. All we are doing here is
>> establishing that the right is limited, and that Congress may indeed
>> impose limits on type and capacity that the Supreme Court would
>> uphold.
>
> But to limit the guns to exclude the arms that any invading army might
> use when they lkaunch an attack on the united states is grossly stupid,

No, it isn't, because the founders never intended for the militia to be
the sole source of opposition to an invading hostile power.

Fred C. Dobbs

On 1/4/2013 11:24 PM, Ray Keller wrote:
> "Bill Graham" <weg9@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:

>>> gummer keeps citing this, and it's quite obvious he has never read it
>>> carefully, because in the fifth paragraph we find:
>>>
>>> In contrast to the State's Rights theory is what has become
>>> known as the Standard Model. Under the Standard Model, which
>>> is the consensus of most modern legal scholarship on the Second
>>> Amendment, the Amendment guarantees a right of individual
>>> Americans to own and carry guns. This modern Standard Model is
>>> similar to the position embraced by *every known legal scholar*
>>> in the nineteenth century who wrote about the Second Amendment:
>>> the Amendment guarantees an individual right, but is subject to
>>> *various reasonable restrictions*.
>>> [emphasis added for gummer and other semi-literates]
>>>

>>> Virtually unanimous among *pro*-gun legal experts is the recognition
>>> that the right to keep and bear arms is *limited*; it is only impotent
>>> Usenet blowhards who insist that the right allows them to keep and
>>> bear *any* ol' arms they want, at *any* time and place. But that is
>>> not in the right, and hence is not recognized by the second amendment.
>>
>> Then you anti gunners should rewrite the amendment to properly define your
>> more restrictive interpretation instead of mealy-mouthing the
>> interpretation of its wording as you have done. This would be the honest
>> thing to do. As a matter of fact, all stupid interpretations of the
>> foundiung fathers perfectly good English should be reworded in accordance
>> with the constitutions prescribed method of addition instead of distorting
>> the meaning of the English language as you liberrals are so fond of doing,
>> because it turns the whole document into a farce to do it your way. If
>> SCOTUS can completely deistort its meaning through dumb misinterpretation
>> then of what worth is the whole document?
> Not to worry
> Once the feces hits the rotating impellers leftards will be hunted down and
> killed for their crimes against the constitution

No. That's not going to happen - not any of it. There's going to be no
"great cull" at all. Bet on it.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.

Nobody

Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:

> [...]
>

>>> Where we disagree is over the nature of the right that is
>>> recognized in the amendment.
>>
>> The "nature" of the right is "inealienable" and not infrigable.
>
> No, the nature of the right includes limitations as well.
>

>>> The amendment does not *create* or *confer* the right; it
>>> simply is a formal recognition of it.
>>
>> Finally, you got something right..
>
> I get all of it right.
>

>>> You are confused about what is comprised in the right.
>>
>> Highly doubtfull
>
> Not in doubt at all.
>

>>> It is *not* an unlimited right; there are very much limits on
>>> it. You don't like those limits, but they are there regardless.
>>>

>> Feel free to state what those limits are
>
> No need.
>

>> Se let's have YOUR list of those limits
>
> There is no list, nor is there any need of one. We're talking
> concepts here, which is a big part of why you're so badly
> confused. When Justice Scalia wrote in the Heller decision:
>
> There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and
> history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual
> right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was *not
> unlimited*, just as the First Amendment?s right of free
> speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553
> U. S. ___ (2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment
> to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort
> of confrontation, just as we do not read the First
> Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any
> purpose. [...]
> Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment
> is *not unlimited*. From Blackstone through the
> 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely
> explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry
> *any weapon whatsoever* in any manner whatsoever and for
> whatever purpose. [emphasis added]
>
> he doesn't specify any list of limits, either. He says the right
> is "not unlimited", i.e., it is conceptually subject to limits,
> just as the first amendment is. The language of the first
> amendment doesn't list any limitations on speech, either, but
> limits there are! For example, the amendment doesn't say
> "...except for yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater", but you *MAY
> NOT* do that and then claim first amendment protection; the first
> amendment also doesn't explicitly exclude "fighting words",
> either, yet they *are* excluded.
>
> It's always dangerous to say "everybody knows" something as a form
> of justification, because quite often what it is alleged that
> "everybody knows" simply is not. But sometimes it *does* work.
> "Everybody knows" that not just *any* speech is protected by the
> first amendment; and "everybody knows" that the second amendment
> does *NOT* recognize an unlimited right to keep and bear just
> *any* arms at just *any* times and places. Even without an
> explicit list of limitations, "everybody knows" that acts of
> legislatures that *create* some limits are perfectly

You are arguing with Sappy the 'knower of all things'. He has been
made a fool of by myself and many others for his comments in other
groups. He is best ignored.

Carol Kinsey Goman

On 1/5/2013 5:21 PM, Nobody wrote:
> [...]
>> NOT* do that and then claim first amendment protection; the first
>> amendment also doesn't explicitly exclude "fighting words",
>> either, yet they *are* excluded.
>>
>> It's always dangerous to say "everybody knows" something as a form
>> of justification, because quite often what it is alleged that
>> "everybody knows" simply is not. But sometimes it *does* work.
>> "Everybody knows" that not just *any* speech is protected by the
>> first amendment; and "everybody knows" that the second amendment
>> does *NOT* recognize an unlimited right to keep and bear just
>> *any* arms at just *any* times and places. Even without an
>> explicit list of limitations, "everybody knows" that acts of
>> legislatures that *create* some limits are perfectly
>> constitutional.
>>
>> That's just how it is.
>>

> You are arguing with Sappy the 'knower of all things'.

Yes. I generally call him Saphead.

> He has been
> made a fool of by myself and many others for his comments in other
> groups. He is best ignored.

No, I disagree. He's a useful idiot; kind of a foil. There are others
who are better foils - on this issue, scooter comes to mind - but
Saphead is useful here, although he has about run out of utility. You
can tell because he has ceased arguing. Previously, he was arguing (to
the best of his ability) in a way that allowed me easily to show what's
wrong with the unthinking gun nut crowd.

Don't get carried away; we may not be allies. I happen to be *very*
pro-gun, including - perhaps most importantly - a belief that there is
an inalienable right to arms that is held by individual persons, not by
collectives. However, I think it is beyond rational dispute that that
right is *not* unlimited.

Gunner Asch

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:55:30 -0600, deadrat <a@b.com> wrote:

>On 1/5/13 5:06 PM, Gray Guest wrote:
>> deadrat <a@b.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Anyone can play Rambo in cyberspace. If they come for your guns -- and
>>> understand that I think this is highly unlikely -- you'll meekly hand
>>> them over to comply with the law. Your bluster here notwithstanding.
>>>

>> Just because you are a spineless coward doesan't mean everyone is.
>
>Just because you bluster about your resolute courage doesn't mean you're
>not a spineless coward.

Do you have any p[roof of this? Or are you simply spewing out your
asshole again?

Trot your proof out and drop it so we can all review it.

Failure to do so will simply show you to be the utter wanker you
appear to be.

Gunner

1. Lie