SQL server

LegioFox

2/25/2008 11:03:00 AM

Hello all :

How connect from ruby to Microsoft SQL Server Express edition?

Thanks
3 Answers

Gaston Ramos

El lun, 25 de feb de 2008, a las 08:05:02 +0900, LegioFox dijo:
> Hello all :
>
> How connect from ruby to Microsoft SQL Server Express edition?
You can use Active Record

http://api.rubyon...

> Thanks=20

--=20
Gast=F3n Ramos

"I always thought Smalltalk would beat Java, I just didn't know it would be
called 'Ruby' when it did."

-- Kent Beck

GNU/Linux Counter user #450312
http://gastonramos.word...

David Mullet

LegioFox wrote:
> Hello all :
>
> How connect from ruby to Microsoft SQL Server Express edition?
>
> Thanks

In addition to ActiveRecord (already mentioned here), you can use
win32ole and ADO. Here's an example tested with SQL Server 2000:

http://rubyonwindows.bl.../2007/03/ruby-ado-and-sqls...

David

http://rubyonwindows.bl...

Vladimir Konrad

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:02:30 +0100
"LegioFox" <nohaydirecion@direccion.com> wrote:

> Hello all :
>
> How connect from ruby to Microsoft SQL Server Express edition?

Also, it should be possible to use sequel:

http://sequel.rubyforge.org/files/sequel/R...

It has ADO connector (should work if you work under windows).

Vlad