Java interpreter for ruby?

Joe K

2/25/2008 8:57:00 AM

Hi, I'm looking for an interpreter for Java that allows me to run my Java
programs on the ruby interpreter. I know there's a compiler that lets you
run Java programs on the scala interpreter, but I can't find one to run
Java on the ruby platform? Any help>
3 Answers

Paul McMahon

How about using JRuby to run ruby on Java?

Jaypee

Paul McMahon a écrit :
> How about using JRuby to run ruby on Java?

JRuby can also be used as a glue to assemble Java
objects. For example, it is possible to parse a
ruby String containing some xml, using JDOM and
SAXBuilder. But some special attention must be paid
to constructing Java arrays from ruby.

J-P

simon jenkins

I am yet to give scala ago, however from my current understanding...

scala and java both compile to byte code that runs on the JVM. Therefore
they both share a runtime which will make it more straightforward to get the
two to co-operate.

The only "shared" runtime for java and ruby that I am aware of is, JRuby.

Alternatively if your application can be separated into tasks that do not
need a high level of communication you could possibly spawn a java process
seperate from the ruby process.

simon