capture a web scrolling page in a image

Bu Mihai

2/20/2008 11:40:00 AM

How can i capturie a web scrolling page in a image with ruby? i don't
want to capture only what is visible, i want to capture and the page
after scrolling.

Tnx.

Stanislav Sedov

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 08:39:55PM +0900 Bulhac Mihai mentioned:
> How can i capturie a web scrolling page in a image with ruby? i don't
> want to capture only what is visible, i want to capture and the page
> after scrolling.

You obviously need an html rendering engine in this case. 'links -g' probably
can do the trick.

I dobt there're html rendering libraries in ruby.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE

GOTO Kentaro

This is not a direct answer. Just hints, I hope.

webkit2png is a command line screen capture tool on Mac OS X.
Many command line tools are listed in
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-to-capture-save-screensho...

Browsershots has a XML-RPC interface. Its implementation gives us
also many tricks how we can operate browsers. Python is used but.
http://browser...

MozRepl, which is included in MozLab, provides telnet interface to Firefox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/ja/firefox/...
http://hyperstruct.net/projec...

http://screenshot.hat... is written in Ruby.
That server communicates with dRuby programs which invoke
IE based capture tool crenahtml2jpg on Windows.

Hope this helps,

Gotoken