ruby-debug-ide installation problems

Tom Cloyd

2/15/2008 2:06:00 PM

I'm running Kubuntu Linux 7.10 (and still very much learning Linux).

In a console I just issued the command
<sudo gem install ruby-debug-ide>
All did not go well:

-----
Install required dependency ruby-debug-base? [Yn] y
Select which gem to install for your platform (i486-linux)
1. ruby-debug-base 0.10.0 (mswin32)
2. ruby-debug-base 0.10.0 (ruby)
3. Skip this gem
4. Cancel installation
> 2
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install ruby-debug-ide
sh: ruby: not found

Gem files will remain installed in
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-base-0.10.0 for inspection.
Results logged to
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-base-0.10.0/ext/gem_make.out
-----

I don't understand what this means. Can someone tell me what to do?

ScarletPimp

We can only commiserate with poor Casey in this trying time.

Thank the Lord Jesus Christ the jury did the right thing in her
behalf !

Now, let her enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.

Felix Oska

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:31:10 -0700 (PDT), sicklilman
<jismquiff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>We can only commiserate with poor Casey in this trying time.
>
>Thank the Lord Jesus Christ the jury did the right thing in her
>behalf !
>
>Now, let her enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.

I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
responsible party (Unknown at this time).

Vandar

Felix Oska wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:31:10 -0700 (PDT), sicklilman
> <jismquiff@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>We can only commiserate with poor Casey in this trying time.
>>
>>Thank the Lord Jesus Christ the jury did the right thing in her
>>behalf !
>>
>>Now, let her enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.
>

> I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
> jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
> prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
> The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
> up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
> responsible party (Unknown at this time).

How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.

Kris Baker

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Felix Oska wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:31:10 -0700 (PDT), sicklilman
>> <jismquiff@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>We can only commiserate with poor Casey in this trying time.
>>>
>>>Thank the Lord Jesus Christ the jury did the right thing in her
>>>behalf !
>>>
>>>Now, let her enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.
>>

>> I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
>> jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
>> prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
>> The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
>> up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
>> responsible party (Unknown at this time).
>
> How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.

True. There was no how, when OR where in the Laci Peterson case.

The jurors considered three charges, and only one of them carried a
*possible* death penalty. The jurors obviously weren't paying attention,
because they were instructed that their job was not to prescribe the
penalty.

First Degree Murder (NOT automatic death penalty)
Aggravated Child Abuse (15 years or even less)
Aggravated Manslaughter (15 years or even less)

Seriously. Does this case mean, now, that all murderers can get
off, by making sure the victim isn't found until skeletonized?

Kris

Felix Oska

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:50:37 -0400, Vandar <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Felix Oska wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:31:10 -0700 (PDT), sicklilman
>> <jismquiff@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>We can only commiserate with poor Casey in this trying time.
>>>
>>>Thank the Lord Jesus Christ the jury did the right thing in her
>>>behalf !
>>>
>>>Now, let her enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.
>>

>> I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
>> jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
>> prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
>> The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
>> up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
>> responsible party (Unknown at this time).
>
>How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.
I have never been privy to a case where those items were not
required. If how is not required, then murder could not be charged.

Kris Baker

"Felix Oska" <felixo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:50:37 -0400, Vandar <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Felix Oska wrote:

>>> I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
>>> jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
>>> prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
>>> The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
>>> up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
>>> responsible party (Unknown at this time).
>>
>>How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.
>
> I have never been privy to a case where those items were not
> required. If how is not required, then murder could not be charged.

OK, Mr Privy

Tell us how Laci Peterson died.

Tell us where she died.

Tell us when she died.

Tell us the outcome of her husband's murder trial.

We'll wait....tapping our feet.

Vandar

Felix Oska wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:50:37 -0400, Vandar <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Felix Oska wrote:

>>>I don't know how many of the posters have served on a murder case
>>>jury. I have, and based upon the evidence presented by the
>>>prosecution, I would have voted "Not Guilty" as did the active jurors.
>>>The media convicted Ms. Anthony and gullible readers/viewers sucked it
>>>up. How did Caylee die? When? No one knows for sure except the
>>>responsible party (Unknown at this time).
>>
>>How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.
>
> I have never been privy to a case where those items were not
> required. If how is not required, then murder could not be charged.

Scott Peterson was convicted and sent to death row for the murder of his
wife and her fetus. How, when, and where they died was never determined.
All that mattered was they were dead, he did it, and he meant to do it.

Kathy

Kris Baker wrote:

> "Felix Oska" <felixo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>>> How and when aren't required for a guilty verdict.
>>
>> I have never been privy to a case where those items were not
>> required. If how is not required, then murder could not be charged.
>
> OK, Mr Privy
>
> Tell us how Laci Peterson died.
>
> Tell us where she died.
>
> Tell us when she died.
>
> Tell us the outcome of her husband's murder trial.
>
> We'll wait....tapping our feet.

Actually, evidence-wise, that case was similar to this one, right? No
direct evidence - nearly all circumstantial.

Kathy

Kris Baker

"Kathy" <kb222@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Kris Baker wrote:
>>
>> "Felix Oska" <felixo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>>> I have never been privy to a case where those items were not
>>> required. If how is not required, then murder could not be charged.
>>
>> OK, Mr Privy
>>
>> Tell us how Laci Peterson died.
>>
>> Tell us where she died.
>>
>> Tell us when she died.
>>
>> Tell us the outcome of her husband's murder trial.
>>
>> We'll wait....tapping our feet.
>>

> Actually, evidence-wise, that case was similar to this one, right? No
> direct evidence - nearly all circumstantial.
>
> Kathy

Yes -- and despite what defense attorneys say, circumstantial evidence
is the BEST evidence. It's the DNA, logic, science, statements, etc that
are put together to paint a big picture.

Direct evidence (eyewitness) is actually less accurate.

I think the jury didn't even listen to jury instructions. There may
have been a ringer there.

Kris

johns

> I think the jury didn't even listen to jury instructions.   There may
> have been a ringer there.

Doubt that, but the State's "evidence" was ridiculous.
They were warned by those of us who understand
the "science" they tried to use. They committed
what is called an "order of magnitude" error .. that
somehow a few atoms describe human behavior
.... and that coming from the most unstable
machines of science ever invented .. GCs.
Their "evidence" told us that those GCs were
not calibrated, and improperly cleaned. So
the State never presented any "evidence" at
all .. NONE AT ALL !! They were warned, and
what they did was arrogant. Their entire case
was nothing more than "cop pathology".

And there most certainly is a "GONE BABY,
GONE" conspiracy in this case, and we don't
know the actors on either side. I suspect that
every person on that jury has seen that movie
..... and there you are.

johns