Code snippets to create Appointment in MS Outlook with win32ole module

sean_n

Phlip

Sean Nakasone wrote:

> Hi, anyone have a code snippets to create an Appointment in MS Outlook
> using the win32ole module? It really doesn't have to be the win32ole
> module, but I'm just assuming that would be the tool of choice.

Briefly, use VBA to prototype this. Last I checked, its editor will give you
intellisense (command completion). That will help find the correct methods
to call, with all their arguments. Then you transliterate everything you get
into Ruby.

--
Phlip

David Mullet

Sean Nakasone wrote:
> Hi, anyone have a code snippets to create an Appointment in MS Outlook
> using the win32ole module? It really doesn't have to be the win32ole
> module, but I'm just assuming that would be the tool of choice.
>
> It doesn't have to be complete, anything that will get me started will
> be
> appreciated.

This should help get you started:

http://rubyonwindows.bl.../2007/07/automating-outlook-with-ruby-cal...